Mailing List Archive

Cancel check out vs. Check in and Revert
Hey folks,

I've noticed a difference between bric 1 and 2 that seems like a coherence bug that I should file, but I'm not 100% sure.

In bric 1, clicking the "Cancel check out" button would discard the current revision of an asset and shelve it. This seemed to perfectly reverse the checkout process.

In bric 2, I thought that "Check in and revert" should behave the same way. However, as I play with it, it looks like assets are being left on the first desk of the current workflow after a "Check in and revert" operation. The seems to leave the database in an incoherent state, as the UI will now only let you checkout that asset from the phantom desk, until you perform a "Check in and shelve" operation.

STR:
1. Search for "my story" in Workflow A
2. Check out "my story"
3. Click "Check in and revert"
4. Search for "my story" in Workflow B
5. Notice there's no check out option
6. Search for "my story" in Workflow A
7. Check out "my story"
8. Click "Check in and shelve"
9. Search for "my story" in Workflow B again
10. Notice that you can check it out now

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------
Re: Cancel check out vs. Check in and Revert [ In reply to ]
On Apr 12, 2011, at 8:45 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I've noticed a difference between bric 1 and 2 that seems like a coherence bug that I should file, but I'm not 100% sure.
>
> In bric 1, clicking the "Cancel check out" button would discard the current revision of an asset and shelve it. This seemed to perfectly reverse the checkout process.
>
> In bric 2, I thought that "Check in and revert" should behave the same way.

Yes, it should.

> However, as I play with it, it looks like assets are being left on the first desk of the current workflow after a "Check in and revert" operation. The seems to leave the database in an incoherent state, as the UI will now only let you checkout that asset from the phantom desk, until you perform a "Check in and shelve" operation.

Sunds like a Bug. Please file.

Best,

David
Re: Cancel check out vs. Check in and Revert [ In reply to ]
> On Apr 12, 2011, at 8:45 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I've noticed a difference between bric 1 and 2 that seems like a coherence bug that I should file, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>> In bric 1, clicking the "Cancel check out" button would discard the current revision of an asset and shelve it. This seemed to perfectly reverse the checkout process.

I would love to see "Cancel check out" make a comeback. Biggest thing I miss in 2.0.

-Matt
Re: Cancel check out vs. Check in and Revert [ In reply to ]
On Apr 12, 2011, at 5:36 PM, Matthew Rolf wrote:

> I would love to see "Cancel check out" make a comeback. Biggest thing I miss in 2.0.

The functionality is still there.

David