Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
P.S.

I'll just send these to the devel list, to avoid excessive cross-post spam.

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------

Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
Ack. The listserv stripped all of my mockups. I'll post those elsewhere ASAP.

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------

Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
On Apr 4, 2011, at 8:27 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:

> Ack. The listserv stripped all of my mockups. I'll post those elsewhere ASAP.

Great, thanks. What file type were they? They should not have been stripped…

David
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
On 2011-04-04, at 11:27 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:

> Ack. The listserv stripped all of my mockups. I'll post those elsewhere ASAP.

Was wondering... ;)

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:
> My next few messages will break out the suggestions into separate threads for discussion purposes. Some mockup images are included inline - my apologies if that doesn't jive with your email client.

For those who are interested, the descriptions and screenshots can be seen here:

https://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/wiki/Proposed-UX-Changes:-Story-Profile

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
On Apr 6, 2011, at 6:41 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:

> For those who are interested, the descriptions and screenshots can be seen here:
>
> https://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/wiki/Proposed-UX-Changes:-Story-Profile

Thanks, this is a big help. +1 to all the suggestions here.

Best,

David
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
One thought about these, though: If the related assets are to get their
own "twisties," we'll probably also need to have a preference for
whether those twisties are open or closed by default.

In the case of a subelement that has no fields and only related media
(for example, a "Photo in gallery" element), it would be kind of a
nuisance to have to open a twisty to do each upload.

And if they're open by default, that sort of brings us back to where we
are now, with the related assets using up a lot of real estate.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
On Apr 6, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> One thought about these, though: If the related assets are to get their
> own "twisties," we'll probably also need to have a preference for
> whether those twisties are open or closed by default.
>
> In the case of a subelement that has no fields and only related media
> (for example, a "Photo in gallery" element), it would be kind of a
> nuisance to have to open a twisty to do each upload.
>
> And if they're open by default, that sort of brings us back to where we
> are now, with the related assets using up a lot of real estate.
>

> Does that make sense?

I think I'd go for:

* Open if no associated document
* Closed if associated document

Best,

David
Re: Bric2 UX Tweaks [ In reply to ]
>> One thought about these, though: If the related assets are to get their
>> own "twisties," we'll probably also need to have a preference for
>> whether those twisties are open or closed by default.
<snip>

> I think I'd go for:
>
> * Open if no associated document
> * Closed if associated document