Mailing List Archive

Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review
Hey there folks,

As you know, David's anxious to get Bricolage 2.0 out the door. I'm
also anxious to get bricolagecms.org 2.0 out the door... and it's
pretty much ready to go. :-)

Please take a few moments today to give the site a review:
http://preview.bricolagecms.org/

Let me know if you find any:

+ Rendering issues (please provide a screenshot and your system
information)
+ Broken links
+ Typos or other copy-related issues
+ Etc.

Things are a still a bit rough around the edges, but I hope with your
input I can catch the last bits.

NOTE: Many of the old pages have been moved to the Github Wiki. The
"move" was a bit ad-hoc and those Wiki pages need a lot of clean up.
Instead of letting me know about those changes, why not click the
"Edit" button and JFDI! ;-)

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in getting this site out
the door.

Best,

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Wow!

No rendering issues on Windows XP, 1024 x 768 px screen, Mozilla Firefox
3.6.2 so far.

Very neat design indeed.

Best,

Michael (Coord. *N 41º 47,162' E 003 º 02.388')

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Zambra wrote:

> Wow!
>
> No rendering issues on Windows XP, 1024 x 768 px screen, Mozilla Firefox
> 3.6.2 so far.
>
> Very neat design indeed.

Very neat, indeed. No rendereing issues either.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.18) Gecko/2010021718 CentOS/3.0.18-1.el5.centos Firefox/3.0.18

Congratulatons! Zdravko.
Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Phillip,

Would it be possible to increase the click-able area on the top left
Bricolage logo/wordmark? Many people use this to navigate to the home page.

Also in the footer the "Facebook fan page" link is actually a "Facebook
group". The "API Documentation" link is also broken but I'm assuming
that the "preview" will be removed on the live site.

That is all I found at first glance. I really like the font choices.
Nice work.

Mike

On 3/31/10 7:30 AM, Phillip Smith wrote:

> Hey there folks,
>
> As you know, David's anxious to get Bricolage 2.0 out the door. I'm
> also anxious to get bricolagecms.org 2.0 out the door... and it's
> pretty much ready to go. :-)
>
> Please take a few moments today to give the site a review:
> http://preview.bricolagecms.org/
>
> Let me know if you find any:
>
> + Rendering issues (please provide a screenshot and your system
> information)
> + Broken links
> + Typos or other copy-related issues
> + Etc.
>
> Things are a still a bit rough around the edges, but I hope with your
> input I can catch the last bits.
>
> NOTE: Many of the old pages have been moved to the Github Wiki. The
> "move" was a bit ad-hoc and those Wiki pages need a lot of clean up.
> Instead of letting me know about those changes, why not click the
> "Edit" button and JFDI! ;-)
>
> Many thanks in advance for your assistance in getting this site out
> the door.
>
> Best,
>
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
> www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com

--
Mike Henderson
Web Applications Developer | Adams State College
Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the feedback folks! I'm integrating those suggestions /
changes now. :-)

Phillip.