expired stories be published, ever?

Regards,
Zdravko
Re: publishing expired stories [ In reply to ]
On Feb 21, 2010, at 11:09 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> I am working on an import of about 20000 stories. Users
> wish to have only a year old stories on cover pages, while
> older should go on special archive cover pages. To use
> expire date for this seem quite natural, but I wonder could
> expired stories be published, ever?

No. But if you're just listing stories from the last year on those pages, then limit the query to stories from the list year using the cover_date_start and cover_date_end parameters to list().

Best,

David
Re: publishing expired stories [ In reply to ]
>> expire date for this seem quite natural, but I wonder could
>> expired stories be published, ever?
>
> No. But if you're just listing stories from the last year on those pages, then limit the query to stories from the list year using the cover_date_start and cover_date_end parameters to list().

OK, I'll do that. I must have missed the concept of the expire date.

Regards, Zdravko
Re: publishing expired stories [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I see that a lot of effort have been put not to publish expired stories.
But then, shouldn't $burner->best_uri return error, too?
It's like calling for broken links.

Zdravko
Re: publishing expired stories [ In reply to ]
On Feb 28, 2010, at 11:29 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> I see that a lot of effort have been put not to publish expired stories.
> But then, shouldn't $burner->best_uri return error, too?
> It's like calling for broken links.

Perhaps. Expired stories are not deleted stories, though. Please file a bug report though and I'll think about it.

David