University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4223
434-243-4995
Re: Template Duplicated During Editing [ In reply to ]
On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Waldo Jaquith wrote:

> Under 1.11.3 (the 2.0 beta), I just checked out page.mc, moving it to the development desk. I cancelled editing it, which returned me to my workspace, where I am now presented with two copies of page.mc. Both have identical histories in the logs. They’re identical in every respect, in fact. Under Template -> Find Templates, two copies are listed there, as well, both checked out by me.
>
> What’s going on here? If I delete one of them, am I going to delete both of them? Is this a feature or a bug?

Bug. Please file a report.

http://bugs.bricolagecms.org/

I suspect that if you cancel the checkout of one of them, both will disappear from your workspace.

David
Re: Template Duplicated During Editing [ In reply to ]
I've seen that too, although not in any regularly-reproducible way, with
stories in installations from the 1.10 series.

Every time it's happened, it's looked like there were two copies of the
same asset, sharing even the same ID.

In the case of stories, publishing usually makes the problem go away.

Cheers,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson