have still to learn how to use github in order to push my branch to the
github server (I don't know anything either about CVS, Subversion or
Github).
The button creation script based on Gimp::Fu posed some problems with
the actual Gimp version, and I have written a new script based on the
Perl interface for the GD-library.

Best,

Michael
Re: Localization into Spanish (Castillian) [ In reply to ]

Hey awesome! You should fork [the source](http://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage), clone, branch, add your file, commit, and push --all.

> I have some doubts regarding the correct sorting of the new messages under the predefined categories ("Date", "Time, "Expiries"..."). For instance, I'm not sure what "Interface Objects" really refers to.

The order of those isn't important. It's a big hash.

> Could you please have a look into the a.m. file and point out the corrections needed (regarding sorting)? After applying them I will merge the new messages with the old ones.

Don't think anything needs sorting.

Well you can just send a patch if that makes you more comfortable. Otherwise, there are some decent tutorials on the [wiki](http://wiki.github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage).

> The button creation script based on Gimp::Fu posed some problems with the actual Gimp version, and I have written a new script based on the Perl interface for the GD-library.

Oh, even better, thanks! Would love to move that in to contrib.

Best,

David
Re: Localization into Spanish (Castillian) [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler escribió:
> On Dec 15, 2009, at 3:29 AM, Zambra wrote:
>

>> Dear Bricoleurs,
>>
>> I think my localization into Spanish (Castillian) is (almost) ready. I've added approx. 200 new messages to the big Lexicon hash. You can find them below the "Texts added on 2009/12/10"-comment following this link:
>>
>> http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/es_es.pm.txt
>>

> Hey awesome! You should fork [the source](http://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage), clone, branch, add your file, commit, and push --all.
>

>> I have some doubts regarding the correct sorting of the new messages under the predefined categories ("Date", "Time, "Expiries"..."). For instance, I'm not sure what "Interface Objects" really refers to.
>>

> The order of those isn't important. It's a big hash.
>

>> Could you please have a look into the a.m. file and point out the corrections needed (regarding sorting)? After applying them I will merge the new messages with the old ones.
>>

> Don't think anything needs sorting.
>

>> I have added a bunch of $lang->maketext calls in several components, but have still to learn how to use github in order to push my branch to the github server (I don't know anything either about CVS, Subversion or Github).
>>

> Well you can just send a patch if that makes you more comfortable. Otherwise, there are some decent tutorials on the [wiki](http://wiki.github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage).
>

>> The button creation script based on Gimp::Fu posed some problems with the actual Gimp version, and I have written a new script based on the Perl interface for the GD-library.
>>

> Oh, even better, thanks! Would love to move that in to contrib.
>
> Best,
>
> David

Hello Dave,

thanks very much for your explanations. I knew about the hash, it was
more for "conventional" reasons (to follow the procedure previously
used) that I wanted to put the messages under the different categories.
I will read the github tutorials - I want to learn about versioning, and
Git looks much easier than CVS!

Best,

Michael
Re: Localization into Spanish (Castillian) [ In reply to ]
On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:19 PM, Zambra wrote:

> Hello Dave,

It's David. :-)

> thanks very much for your explanations. I knew about the hash, it was more for "conventional" reasons (to follow the procedure previously used) that I wanted to put the messages under the different categories. I will read the github tutorials - I want to learn about versioning, and Git looks much easier than CVS!

Well, it's easier and harder at the same time. But well worthwhile to learn. I use only a fraction of its capabilities myself, but get by.

Best,

David
Re: Localization into Spanish (Castillian) [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler escribió:
> On Dec 15, 2009, at 9:19 PM, Zambra wrote:
>

>> Hello Dave,
>>

> It's David. :-)
>

>> thanks very much for your explanations. I knew about the hash, it was more for "conventional" reasons (to follow the procedure previously used) that I wanted to put the messages under the different categories. I will read the github tutorials - I want to learn about versioning, and Git looks much easier than CVS!
>>

> Well, it's easier and harder at the same time. But well worthwhile to learn. I use only a fraction of its capabilities myself, but get by.
>
> Best,
>
> David

It's David. :-)

Sorry :-[ I was writing another message to a certain Dave at the same
time, and I exchanged the names.
Re: Localization into Spanish (Castillian) [ In reply to ]
On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Zambra wrote:

> It's David. :-)
>
> Sorry :-[ I was writing another message to a certain Dave at the same time, and I exchanged the names.

No worries.

Best,

David