If someone "publishes" a story which is actually an expiration job, should the cleanup section of the story templated be executed?

I ask as I have a Job story type, which triggers a republish of a jobs index page and an include file where both should only include unexpired Job stories. However, one of my users is informing me that when she expired a job story and published it, it still appeared on the index and in the include . She successfully removed it by manually publishing to the two related stories. Perhaps the triggers were executed before the original story was technically marked as expired???

Chris
Re: cleanup processed during story expiration? [ In reply to ]
On Oct 6, 2009, at 5:56 PM, Schults, Chris wrote:

> If someone "publishes" a story which is actually an expiration job,
> should the cleanup section of the story templated be executed?

No.

> I ask as I have a Job story type, which triggers a republish of a
> jobs index page and an include file where both should only include
> unexpired Job stories. However, one of my users is informing me that
> when she expired a job story and published it, it still appeared on
> the index and in the include . She successfully removed it by
> manually publishing to the two related stories. Perhaps the triggers
> were executed before the original story was technically marked as
> expired???

Expiring a story triggers no template execution, so the index page
would not have been republished by expiring the Job story.

Best,

David
RE: cleanup processed during story expiration? [ In reply to ]
> Expiring a story triggers no template execution, so the index page
> would not have been republished by expiring the Job story.

Anyone have suggestions for simulating triggered publishing during story expiration?

Chris
Re: cleanup processed during story expiration? [ In reply to ]
On 13-Oct-09, at 12:17 PM, Schults, Chris wrote:

>> Expiring a story triggers no template execution, so the index page
>> would not have been republished by expiring the Job story.
>
> Anyone have suggestions for simulating triggered publishing during
> story expiration?
>
> Chris

Hey there Chris,

Maybe follow-up on this offer of David Beaudet's:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/bricolage/users/35641?do=post_view_threaded#35641

If you manage to get it into committable shape, that would be a great
addition.

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com