selected from the drop down at the top right ? I think it should be to
search only within your current site, since if you want all sites you can
use the advanced search.

Perhaps this behaviour could be made dependent on ALLOW_ALL_SITES_CX, since
if you have that set to no, then you are very unlikely to want stuff from
both sites appearing at the same time.

regards,

Paul
Re: searching and site context [ In reply to ]
On Oct 2, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

> What is the expected behaviour of a simple story search if you have
> a site selected from the drop down at the top right ? I think it
> should be to search only within your current site, since if you want
> all sites you can use the advanced search.

It depends on the setting of the Filter by Site Context preference.

> Perhaps this behaviour could be made dependent on
> ALLOW_ALL_SITES_CX, since if you have that set to no, then you are
> very unlikely to want stuff from both sites appearing at the same
> time.

Users often want to search all sites for related stories and such. You
can't check out a story in one site into a workflow for a different
site, though, IIRC. But again, this is what the Filter by Site Context
preference controls for.

HTH,

David