Mailing List Archive

Subelement not shown correctly in story
Hello,

I'm trying to create a site-wide (placed in the root category) table
subelement, which has roughly the following structure:

- Element Type : table Min. 0 Max. 0
Field (select): table_style Min. 1 Max. 1 (I'm using Bricolage 1.11.2)
Subelement: table_row Min. 1 Max. 0
Field (checkbox): is_header Min. 1 Max. 1
Subelement: table_cell Min. 1 Max. 0
Field (WYSIWYG): contents Min. 1 Max. 1

That is, by default my table has 1 row and 1 cell which you have to fill
out with contents.
When I try to use this element "table" in my new stories, after adding
the table_row, I get the default table_cell, but not the default
contents field. If I add another "table_cell" subelement to the same
row, a second correctly shown "table-cell"-subelement along its
corresponding contents"-field appears. I have then to delete the
"faulty" first "table_cell" subelement.
I can provide screenshots for this.

Do you suspect what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Michael
Re: Subelement not shown correctly in story [ In reply to ]
On 7-Sep-09, at 2:44 PM, Zambra wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a site-wide (placed in the root category) table
> subelement, which has roughly the following structure:
>
> - Element Type : table Min. 0 Max. 0
> Field (select): table_style Min. 1 Max. 1 (I'm using Bricolage
> 1.11.2)
> Subelement: table_row Min. 1 Max. 0
> Field (checkbox): is_header Min. 1 Max. 1
> Subelement: table_cell Min. 1 Max. 0
> Field (WYSIWYG): contents Min. 1 Max. 1
>
> That is, by default my table has 1 row and 1 cell which you have to
> fill out with contents.
> When I try to use this element "table" in my new stories, after
> adding the table_row, I get the default table_cell, but not the
> default contents field. If I add another "table_cell" subelement to
> the same row, a second correctly shown "table-cell"-subelement along
> its corresponding contents"-field appears. I have then to delete the
> "faulty" first "table_cell" subelement.
> I can provide screenshots for this.
>
> Do you suspect what I'm doing wrong here?

If the second adds correctly, but the first does not, I would think
that is a bug. Can you send along a screenshot of that screen, and
your element type screen so I can try to reproduce it?

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Subelement not shown correctly in story [ In reply to ]
Phillip Smith escribió:

> On 7-Sep-09, at 2:44 PM, Zambra wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a site-wide (placed in the root category) table
>> subelement, which has roughly the following structure:
>>
>> - Element Type : table Min. 0 Max. 0
>> Field (select): table_style Min. 1 Max. 1 (I'm using Bricolage 1.11.2)
>> Subelement: table_row Min. 1 Max. 0
>> Field (checkbox): is_header Min. 1 Max. 1
>> Subelement: table_cell Min. 1 Max. 0
>> Field (WYSIWYG): contents Min. 1 Max. 1
>>
>> That is, by default my table has 1 row and 1 cell which you have to
>> fill out with contents.
>> When I try to use this element "table" in my new stories, after
>> adding the table_row, I get the default table_cell, but not the
>> default contents field. If I add another "table_cell" subelement to
>> the same row, a second correctly shown "table-cell"-subelement along
>> its corresponding contents"-field appears. I have then to delete the
>> "faulty" first "table_cell" subelement.
>> I can provide screenshots for this.
>>
>> Do you suspect what I'm doing wrong here?
>

> If the second adds correctly, but the first does not, I would think
> that is a bug. Can you send along a screenshot of that screen, and
> your element type screen so I can try to reproduce it?
>
> --
> Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
> www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com

Hello Phillip,

thanks for your help. I've not been able to screenshot the complete
IU-pages (I can't scroll down while capturing with my current software),
but I think you can get the idea. I've uploaded the images to one of my
servers in order to avoid sending heavy messages around. Here they are:

1. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/table_element_definition.jpg
2. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/row_element_definition.jpg
3. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/cell_element_definition.jpg
4. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/adding_new_table_to_story.jpg
5. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/new_table_box.jpg
6. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/adding_new_row_to_table.jpg
7.
http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/resulting_row_box_with_empty_cell_element.jpg
8. http://www.eurotransmit.com/util/bricolage/row_box_with_added_cell.jpg

Best regards,

Michael
Re: Subelement not shown correctly in story [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler escribió:
> On Sep 27, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Zambra wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to create a site-wide (placed in the root category) table
>> subelement, which has roughly the following structure:
>>
>> - Element Type : table Min. 0 Max. 0
>> Field (select): table_style Min. 1 Max. 1 (I'm using Bricolage 1.11.2)
>> Subelement: table_row Min. 1 Max. 0
>> Field (checkbox): is_header Min. 1 Max. 1
>> Subelement: table_cell Min. 1 Max. 0
>> Field (WYSIWYG): contents Min. 1 Max. 1
>>
>> That is, by default my table has 1 row and 1 cell which you have to
>> fill out with contents.
>> When I try to use this element "table" in my new stories, after
>> adding the table_row, I get the default table_cell, but not the
>> default contents field. If I add another "table_cell" subelement to
>> the same row, a second correctly shown "table-cell"-subelement along
>> its corresponding contents"-field appears. I have then to delete the
>> "faulty" first "table_cell" subelement.
>> I can provide screenshots for this.
>>
>> Do you suspect what I'm doing wrong here?
>
> Nothing, sounds like a bug. Would you file a but report?
>
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Thanks for the clarification, David. I'll post a bug report.

Best,

Michael