I need to provide a quick (in the next few hours) evaluation/comparison
of open source cms systems. I thought I'd install bricolage locally
quickly, but ran into problems (yes, I have done a bugzilla report - id
245). In the meantime, are there any examples of sites running bricolage
anyone could point me at? Even better, does anyone have a demo site with
public back-office access (unlikely, I know...)

Thanks
Graham

RE: [Bricolage-General] demo sites? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 jenkinsm@who.int wrote:

> www.who.int is running on bricolage. I think there is a list of all the
> sites on the bric home page (salon.com and about.com come to mind...)
> hth,
> maj
Thanks.

I've been in too much of a rush this am - I downloaded the devel version
of bricolage instead of the current stable. Now to see if I can withdraw
that bugzilla report :-(

Sorry bout that.
Graham

RE: [Bricolage-General] demo sites? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 jenkinsm@who.int wrote:

> www.who.int is running on bricolage. I think there is a list of all the
> sites on the bric home page (salon.com and about.com come to mind...)
> hth,
> maj

Hi again,

Now have basic bricolage installed, having stripped out the new Mason
and replaced with the older one.

Trying to login. Mozilla 1.1 fails, leaving me with an html page with
no content. The error log shows 'access failed.. reason: no cookie found'.
However, mozilla does have a cookie from the site. Remove cookie and
repeat - same result. I always have cookies enabled, and have no cookie
problems on other sites.

Try again with Netscape 4.7, gives me a popup with admin info. Can't
find how to set the admin password. After a few clicks on different
options (all working ok) Netscape dies. This happens consistently. Not
unusual, I know - but are there major browser problems working with the
admin interface?

And how to reset the admin password - do I need to go into the db
directly?

Thanks
Graham

Re: [Bricolage-General] demo sites? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 05:14 AM, Graham Seaman wrote:

> However, mozilla does have a cookie from the site. Remove cookie and
> repeat - same result. I always have cookies enabled, and have no cookie
> problems on other sites.

Do you have popup windows disabled in Mozilla? Bricolage uses a popup
window, and if you have them disabled, it won't work.

> Try again with Netscape 4.7, gives me a popup with admin info. Can't
> find how to set the admin password. After a few clicks on different
> options (all working ok) Netscape dies. This happens consistently. Not
> unusual, I know - but are there major browser problems working with the
> admin interface?

No, although there are some known (and unfathomable) issues with NN 4.7
on Win95 and IE 5 on Mac OS and Mac OS X. None of those lead to browser
crashes, however.

> And how to reset the admin password - do I need to go into the db
> directly?

Nope. Admin -> System -> Users.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] demo sites? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, David Wheeler wrote:

> On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 05:14 AM, Graham Seaman wrote:
>
> > However, mozilla does have a cookie from the site. Remove cookie and
> > repeat - same result. I always have cookies enabled, and have no cookie
> > problems on other sites.
>
> Do you have popup windows disabled in Mozilla? Bricolage uses a popup
> window, and if you have them disabled, it won't work.

Yes, I did. OK now. I got misled by the error message about cookies..

> > Try again with Netscape 4.7, gives me a popup with admin info. Can't
> > find how to set the admin password. After a few clicks on different
> > options (all working ok) Netscape dies. This happens consistently. Not
> > unusual, I know - but are there major browser problems working with the
> > admin interface?
>
> No, although there are some known (and unfathomable) issues with NN 4.7
> on Win95 and IE 5 on Mac OS and Mac OS X. None of those lead to browser
> crashes, however.

This is NS4.7 on Linux. The 'help' button seems to be the worst offender.
Probably 0.0001% of the market by now, so I guess not a problem...

> > And how to reset the admin password - do I need to go into the db
> > directly?
>
> Nope. Admin -> System -> Users.
OK, got it. Ta. I'm not in so much of a rush now - will take longer before
mailing off such silly questions! (or hopefully not ask silly questions at
all, but this may be too much to expect :-(

Thanks
Graham

Re: [Bricolage-General] demo sites? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 08:18 AM, Graham Seaman wrote:

> OK, got it. Ta. I'm not in so much of a rush now - will take longer
> before
> mailing off such silly questions! (or hopefully not ask silly
> questions at
> all, but this may be too much to expect :-(

S'okay. Bricolage is a very big app, and it'll be better for you to
have some time to learn it a bit before you demo it to others!

Start by reading the documentation on the web site, esp.
Bric::ElementAdmin, Bric::AssetEditing, and the Bric::*Template*
documents. They're also man pages on your file system.

HTH,

David