Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] permissions and story checkin/publish
Hi all,

So one of the fabulous new additions to our latest bricolage install is the
checkin/publish link on the bottom of a story.

Here's the problem. A client would like to disallow their story editors
from publishing stories. Currently that button is not tied to the
permissions system.

a. can anyone think of a short-term workaround that we can use?
b. when can we expect this issue to be addressed? seems a fairly important
functional problem
c. shall i bugzilla this?

thanks!
rachel

*****************************
Rachel Murray
Senior Producer

Primedia Internet Resource
& Technology Group

1440 Broadway, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018
ph: 212-204-1428
email: rmurray@about-inc.com

Re: [Bricolage-General] permissions and story checkin/publish [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 11:14 AM, Murray, Rachel wrote:

> Here's the problem. A client would like to disallow their story editors
> from publishing stories. Currently that button is not tied to the
> permissions system.

This was fixed at a certain point, and hopefully in your install, too.
Only those who have access to a publish desk in the current workflow
should see the button.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

RE: [Bricolage-General] permissions and story checkin/publish [ In reply to ]
I've given 'NONE' access and 'DENY' access for the publish desk, and that
article still contains the button, even though the publish link has been
removed from the nav. CCing Sam and Lou, as perhaps they have some insight?