Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Errors Starting Bricolage
Ran into some problems starting Bricolage. Any idea of the cause?

I am also getting a bunch of warnings prior to this error relating to
pattern matching with Bric::__ANON__ and the Apache/ConfigFile.pm
module. Can cut/paste if necessary in a separate email.

# ./bric_apachectl start
< ...>
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ConfigFile.pm line 245.
Bric::__ANON__('Use of uninitialized value in pattern match
(m//) at /usr/local/...') called at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ConfigFile.pm line 245
<...>
bric_apachectl start: starting httpd
Syntax error on line 1235 of /usr/local/bricolage/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate object method "new" via package "HTML::Mason::Parser"
(perhaps you forgot to load "HTML::Mason::Parser"?) at
/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/App/Handler.pm line 165, <DATA> line 1.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/App/ApacheConfig.pm line 54, <DATA> line
1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/App/ApacheConfig.pm line 54, <DATA> line
1.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 3, <DATA> line 1.

bric_apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Parser.pm is located at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/HTML/Mason.

Thanks,

Richard Cave
Re: [Bricolage-General] Errors Starting Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On 5/10/02 1:25 PM, "Richard Cave" <rcave@schwabfoundation.org> claimed:

> Ran into some problems starting Bricolage. Any idea of the cause?
>
> I am also getting a bunch of warnings prior to this error relating to
> pattern matching with Bric::__ANON__ and the Apache/ConfigFile.pm
> module. Can cut/paste if necessary in a separate email.

> # ./bric_apachectl start
> < ...>
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ConfigFile.pm line 245.
> Bric::__ANON__('Use of uninitialized value in pattern match
> (m//) at /usr/local/...') called at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ConfigFile.pm line 245

There's something in your httpd.conf that Apache::ConfigFile can't properly
parse. It's an imperfect module, but the warnings are likely harmless.

> bric_apachectl start: starting httpd
> Syntax error on line 1235 of /usr/local/bricolage/conf/httpd.conf:
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "HTML::Mason::Parser"
> (perhaps you forgot to load "HTML::Mason::Parser"?) at

What version of Mason are you running? We don't yet support the forthcoming
Mason 1.10 (which is currently in a beta release). If you're running 1.04 or
1.05, Try adding

PerlModule HTML::Mason::Parser

To your httpd.conf above where you load Bricolage.

HTH,

David
--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Errors Starting Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 10 May 2002, David Wheeler wrote:

> There's something in your httpd.conf that Apache::ConfigFile can't properly
> parse. It's an imperfect module, but the warnings are likely harmless.

And silenced in 1.3.2, which should be released soon. I put a
{ local $^W=0; } around it after seeing one too many warning.

-sam