Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Handling media?
How are you folks handling media assets on your Bric sites?

Every one of our stories has three or four images that get
associated with insets, and so we're stuck on the problem
of naming and storing our media.

Since it's not currently possible to save media with a story
(e.g. /categories/yy/mm/dd/slug/image.gif), we're stuck either
dumping hundreds of images in a category (which creates file
naming conflicts and is pretty awkward to sift through) or
creating a /media/ category off of root and recreating our
entire categorical structure in there.

For our needs, the best feature would probably be a slug for
media assets and a way to modify their URI, but there may
be a better way I'm not thinking of.

I'd love some creative solutions to this problem.

--
Andy.