I can see this eventually filling the DB with crap. Is this normal??

Michael
Michael@Insulin-Pumpers.org

Re: [Bricolage-General] trash left in DB [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Michael wrote:

> I can see this eventually filling the DB with crap. Is this normal??

Yes. Bricolage very rarely deletes anything from the database. Instead
it marks them with "active = 0".

-sam

Re: [Bricolage-General] trash left in DB [ In reply to ]
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Michael wrote:
>
> > I can see this eventually filling the DB with crap. Is this normal??
>
> Yes. Bricolage very rarely deletes anything from the database.
> Instead it marks them with "active = 0".
>
> -sam

Ok.... so at some point when it is full of stuff, how does it get
cleansed?? Examining the story table shows unpublished stories to
have "active=0" so no assumption can be made about it being "dead".
Hows does one differentiate between an un-published story that is a
work in progress and one that has been deleted. Since there appears
to be no way to ressurect a deleted story, what's the point??

What am I missing.

Re: [Bricolage-General] trash left in DB [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Michael wrote:

> Ok.... so at some point when it is full of stuff, how does it get
> cleansed??

It doesn't.

> Examining the story table shows unpublished stories to
> have "active=0" so no assumption can be made about it being "dead".

Look again - only deleted or unsaved stories should have "active = 0".
Unpublished stories have "publish_status = 0".

-sam