Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] user deletion issues-- a 'feature' or an 'issue'
Hi guys,

Just discovered that if you create a user, and then delete the user that has
stories/media/whatever checked out, you can't do anything about it. can
you? i tried recreating the person's first and last name, although i don't
know what the initial password was, so i made it up. no luck. still wasn't
able to get to that user's content with user override or logging in as that
newly created user.

so, this is, well, bearable, if there's at least a way to delete it off of
the cms. is there a trick someone may know about that i could try other
than what i've already done?

*****************************
Rachel Murray
Producer

Primedia Internet Resource
& Technology Group

1440 Broadway, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018
ph: 212-204-1428
email: rmurray@about-inc.com

*******************************
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."

-Frank Lloyd Wright
*******************************
Re: [Bricolage-General] user deletion issues-- a 'feature' or an 'issue' [ In reply to ]
At 4:58 PM -0500 3/21/02, Murray, Rachel wrote:

>so, this is, well, bearable, if there's at least a way to delete it
>off of the cms. is there a trick someone may know about that i
>could try other than what i've already done?

You need to remove those stories from the user's desk before you
delete the user.

We should probabyl add an item to the ToDo list to automatically
check stuff in for a user when the user is deleted, eh?

David

RE: [Bricolage-General] user deletion issues-- a 'feature' or an 'issue' [ In reply to ]
yeah, unfortunately (or fortunately ;), i neither added nor deleted the
user. :) any idea what we can do to fix this now? is there a way for the
bric admin to go in and magically delete stuff from the gui? i tried
accessing as bric admin, but no luck.

RE: [Bricolage-General] user deletion issues-- a 'feature' or an 'issue' [ In reply to ]
At 5:26 PM -0500 3/21/02, Murray, Rachel wrote:
>yeah, unfortunately (or fortunately ;), i neither added nor deleted
>the user. :) any idea what we can do to fix this now? is there a
>way for the bric admin to go in and magically delete stuff from the
>gui? i tried accessing as bric admin, but no luck.

Probably the best solution, at this point, is to have your DBA set
the active column in the usr table to 1 for the user you deleted.
Then, you can use the user override feature (if you're a global
admin), to pretend to be that user, and check in all her assets. Then
you can delete the user again. If you're not a Global Admin, you can
just log in as the user.

HTH,

David