Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Testing concepts
Just begining to use bricolage and am testing my understanding of how
it works.

login as admin
new media
Title = some name
Type = photograph
Create

category -- leave as "root" no explaination of difference between
root and normal in the help file

upload = realpict.jpg

checkin -> publish

CLICK publish
check the "publish" checkbox
CLICK "publish checked"
CLICK "publish assets"

get the error
"Cannon publish asset "some name" because there are not Destinations
associated with its output channels"

Problem is, there is nowhere to specify an output channel an any of
the forms. What am I missing. The default "Output to Web" exists and
is unaltered in the "Publish" section.

Michael
Michael@Insulin-Pumpers.org

Re: [Bricolage-General] Testing concepts [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 15:56, Michael wrote:

> Problem is, there is nowhere to specify an output channel an any of
> the forms. What am I missing. The default "Output to Web" exists and
> is unaltered in the "Publish" section.

Output Channels are specified for top-level elements. If you look in the
Element manager, you'll see that some Elements are "Media", some are
"Story", and some are "Element" types. The "Media" and "Story" elements
are top-level elements -- they define stories and media. All other
elements are subelements. If you edit one of these top-level elements,
you can select what Output Channels they get published to.

Now, in the Destination manager, you can create a destination for
publish events. Each destination can be triggered for one or more Output
Channels. So that's where you define a destination for an output
channel. Remember to specify a server to distribute to or publishing
stories won't distribute the files anywhere. In 1.2.x, only file system
copies are supported, although 1.3.1 (the CVS HEAD branch) offers FTP
support.

HTH,

David

--