Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Re: move about bric 1.2.1 setup problem or bug
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Michael wrote:
>
> > works on W95 with msie 5.50.4522.1800
> > does not work with w95 Netscape 4.77 -- this is very consistent,
> > happens every time.

aaarrrggghhhh...... The windoze box was two minutes behind the
server. Apparently this was enough to upset the Netscape client but
not the MSIE client. The cookie rejection upon redirect after login
triggers the problem. I'd suggest that this is a serious problem
that should be fixed since it leaves junk in the database. The cookie
timing should be immune to small offsets and at worst should generate
a warning to the client.

This is very strange. Two minutes should make no difference. What
value do you have the AUTH_TTL directive set to? Are you sure it
was two minutes, and not 24 hours, two minutes?

My reply:

reading directly from the box
Current windoze time 3-14-02 5:41:50:pm PST
current unix time Thu Mar 14 17:42:11 PST 2002

I incremented the minutes 2 clicks when I made the adjustment.

AUTH_TTL = 28800 # Seconds.

Michael
Michael@Insulin-Pumpers.org