which when set to some uselessly high number could fix this.
Yet, one can safely hit "%" in case he has no idea what to look for.

Regards, Zdravko.
Re: max search hits [ In reply to ]
Hey Zdravko I think that exists under the Preferences items for Bricolage.

Greg and I were poking around there yesterday and I believe I noticed that. Either that or something similar is in the config file for Bricolage.

others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dawn

RE: max search hits [ In reply to ]
I know there is a config for max number of results per page, not sure about max number of results period.
The config for search results per page is a per user, with a global default, setting that exists within the user UI.

Search Results / Page Controls the number of records displayed per page from searches

Adam

Re: max search hits [ In reply to ]
On Apr 28, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:

> I know there is a config for max number of results per page, not sure about max number of results period.
> The config for search results per page is a per user, with a global default, setting that exists within the user UI.
>
> Search Results / Page Controls the number of records displayed per page from searches

If you search on %, it will load everything, even if you paginate. This should be fixed to use OFFSET/LIMIT. Any takers?

Best,

David
Re: max search hits [ In reply to ]
On 2011-04-28, at 4:53 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>
>> I know there is a config for max number of results per page, not sure about max number of results period.
>> The config for search results per page is a per user, with a global default, setting that exists within the user UI.
>>
>> Search Results / Page Controls the number of records displayed per page from searches
>
> If you search on %, it will load everything, even if you paginate. This should be fixed to use OFFSET/LIMIT. Any takers?

Put it on the Hack Day list?

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com
Re: max search hits [ In reply to ]
> On 2011-04-28, at 4:53 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Apr 28, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> I know there is a config for max number of results per page, not sure about max number of results period.
>>> The config for search results per page is a per user, with a global default, setting that exists within the user UI.
>>>
>>> Search Results / Page Controls the number of records displayed per page from searches
>> If you search on %, it will load everything, even if you paginate. This should be fixed to use OFFSET/LIMIT. Any takers?

Thanks. Paging helped. A lot! Database is still much faster
then a browser.

Regards, Zdravko