I like this idea a lot. This is not something that could make it into 2.2. This would be a serious development effort for the next major release. So I wanted to put it on the devel list and get people's thoughts on the merits of such functionality and devoting resources to such an effort - resources being Google Summer of Code or some such thing.

BTW Phillip, I'll do my best to be involved in the hack day.

-Matt
Re: Event Driven Task Interface [ In reply to ]
On Nov 10, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Matthew Rolf wrote:

> In the course of my migration to Blogger, the idea of automatic keyword management came up, and David suggested such a task would best be handled by implementing an "event driven task interface". The rough sketch of the idea can be found here:
>
> http://justatheory.com/bricolage/design/tasks_jobs_actions.html
>
> I like this idea a lot. This is not something that could make it into 2.2. This would be a serious development effort for the next major release. So I wanted to put it on the devel list and get people's thoughts on the merits of such functionality and devoting resources to such an effort - resources being Google Summer of Code or some such thing.

It's perfect for 2.2 (or 2.4), just not 2.0.1. And I've often wanted a GSoC student to work on it, I think it'd be a great project.

Best,

David
Re: Event Driven Task Interface [ In reply to ]
On 2010-11-10, at 2:54 PM, Matthew Rolf wrote:

> BTW Phillip, I'll do my best to be involved in the hack day.

Awesome! :)

Good list of stuff developing here:
https://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/wiki/Bricolage-CMS-Hack-Day,-November-22nd,-2010

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Event Driven Task Interface [ In reply to ]
We've had a few internal meetings over that last couple of weeks about
bugs and feature requests we have, know of, or think would be good to
share with the community. The list has been roughly chopped into
2.0.1/2.2.0/FUTURE. I think Michael is going to start filling those
things into lighthouse today. Folks may or may not be interested in
them come hacking day.

-Aaron

Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect