Also, it looks like the README files for various platforms could stand to be updated/made consistent. For example, the Debian file still makes reference to Net::SFTP, when Bric 2.0 uses Net::SSH2.  I'll be happy to add a NetBSD README to the list.  If people would take a look at the README for their favorite platform and make sure things are up to date, that would be great.

The wiki needs a general cleaning as well, but maybe we could take a look at that a few weeks down the road (unless someone has the time and is willing to do it now).

-Matt
Re: Updating Bricolage Documentation [ In reply to ]
On 2010-06-01, at 10:41 AM, mattrolf wrote:

> Hand-in-hand with my presentations at YAPC I'm going to take a crack at writing a new version of the "Installing Bricolage" article for Apache 2. The article I'm talking about is located here:
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/10/28/bricolage_installation.html?page=1
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing an updated version of the Configuration Directives article in the next three weeks:
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/01/06/bricolage_configuration.html?page=1
>
> I think the other articles, Content Management with Bricolage, and Document Modeling are ok for the moment. Not saying they couldn't be updated too, but the other two are what new users rely on when installing the system.
>
> Also, it looks like the README files for various platforms could stand to be updated/made consistent. For example, the Debian file still makes reference to Net::SFTP, when Bric 2.0 uses Net::SSH2. I'll be happy to add a NetBSD README to the list. If people would take a look at the README for their favorite platform and make sure things are up to date, that would be great.
>
> The wiki needs a general cleaning as well, but maybe we could take a look at that a few weeks down the road (unless someone has the time and is willing to do it now).
>
> -Matt

Hey there Matt,

I'm over-committed through June, but am happy to help with any of the above in July / August.

Feel free to ping me directly, or on-list to coordinate.

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Updating Bricolage Documentation [ In reply to ]
On Jun 1, 2010, at 8:41 AM, mattrolf wrote:

> Hand-in-hand with my presentations at YAPC I'm going to take a crack at writing a new version of the "Installing Bricolage" article for Apache 2. The article I'm talking about is located here:
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/10/28/bricolage_installation.html?page=1
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing an updated version of the Configuration Directives article in the next three weeks:
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/01/06/bricolage_configuration.html?page=1
>
> I think the other articles, Content Management with Bricolage, and Document Modeling are ok for the moment. Not saying they couldn't be updated too, but the other two are what new users rely on when installing the system.

BTW, perl.com will soon be re-launched. I talked to the editor, and he'd be happy to update those articles. So let me know if you're interested. I'm assuming we'd do that in addition to putting the updates in a wiki or something.

> Also, it looks like the README files for various platforms could stand to be updated/made consistent. For example, the Debian file still makes reference to Net::SFTP, when Bric 2.0 uses Net::SSH2. I'll be happy to add a NetBSD README to the list. If people would take a look at the README for their favorite platform and make sure things are up to date, that would be great.

Yeah, those should be fixed. Thanks for taking the initiative.

> The wiki needs a general cleaning as well, but maybe we could take a look at that a few weeks down the road (unless someone has the time and is willing to do it now).

Volunteers wanted!

Best,

David