Mailing List Archive

Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review
Hey there folks,

As you know, David's anxious to get Bricolage 2.0 out the door. I'm
also anxious to get bricolagecms.org 2.0 out the door... and it's
pretty much ready to go. :-)

Please take a few moments today to give the site a review:
http://preview.bricolagecms.org/

Let me know if you find any:

+ Rendering issues (please provide a screenshot and your system
information)
+ Broken links
+ Typos or other copy-related issues
+ Etc.

Things are a still a bit rough around the edges, but I hope with your
input I can catch the last bits.

NOTE: Many of the old pages have been moved to the Github Wiki. The
"move" was a bit ad-hoc and those Wiki pages need a lot of clean up.
Instead of letting me know about those changes, why not click the
"Edit" button and JFDI! ;-)

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in getting this site out
the door.

Best,

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the feedback folks! I'm integrating those suggestions /
changes now. :-)

Phillip.

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
Got one small issue and one suggestion, from IE 8 (8.0.7600.16385) on
Windows Server 2008 R2:

The <dd> text is showing through:
http://yfrog.com/0jdefinitionsp

Maybe put a &nbsp; between the word (showcase|tour|etc.) and the &raquo; so
it doesn't get split?
http://img176.yfrog.com/i/nbsp.png/

Otherwise, looks great (despite the whole IE8 experience)

--Greg

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
On 31-Mar-10, at 5:20 PM, Greg Heo wrote:
> Maybe put a &nbsp; between the word (showcase|tour|etc.) and the
> &raquo; so
> it doesn't get split?
> http://img176.yfrog.com/i/nbsp.png/

Done.

> The <dd> text is showing through:
> http://yfrog.com/0jdefinitionsp

This one is tricky! Ug. Didn't realize that IE8 doesn't support color:
transparent. Think I'll pull out that text for now (sorry folks
without CSS!).

Phillip.

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
On 31-Mar-10, at 5:32 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:

>> The <dd> text is showing through:
>> http://yfrog.com/0jdefinitionsp
>
> This one is tricky! Ug. Didn't realize that IE8 doesn't support
> color: transparent. Think I'll pull out that text for now (sorry
> folks without CSS!).

Bah. To hell with it: I'll use images! :-P

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
The downloads section of the production instance doesn't point to the
new 1.11.4 anywhere - does that need to be republished?

Also, the both preview/published download pages still link to 1.11.3
under "Option 2. Get the latest development version".

This site looks so much better. We need some virtual beers, fo sho.

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Senior Web Architect
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:46 AM, Aaron Fuleki wrote:

> The downloads section of the production instance doesn't point to the new 1.11.4 anywhere - does that need to be republished?

Bah. It was there last night, I swear. Fixed.

> Also, the both preview/published download pages still link to 1.11.3 under "Option 2. Get the latest development version".

Also fixed. Phillip, that should probably be handled in the template, as I will forget to update those options before every release.

Best,

David
Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
I noticed on the mailing list page, that the bugs list still refers to Bugzilla. Obviously, we kicked that to the curb.

-Matt

Re: Input required: Pre-launch version of the new bricolagecms.org site ready for (one last) review [ In reply to ]
On Apr 11, 2010, at 7:17 PM, Matthew Rolf wrote:

> I noticed on the mailing list page, that the bugs list still refers to Bugzilla. Obviously, we kicked that to the curb.

Fixed, thanks.

David