Mailing List Archive

Bug in inst/required.pl
Hi,
I'm just trying a fresh install of 1.11.3 and found, that inst/
reqired.pl reports not needed prereqs as missing.
The error ist in line 90f , the call to hard_fail does

hard_fail(
"Required software not found:\n\n",
$RESULTS{PG} ? '' : "\tPostgreSQL >= 7.3.0 (http://postgresql.org
)\n",
SRESULTS{MYSQL} ? '' : "..." ,

So , when I choose Pg it prints MYSQL as missing since
RESULTS{MYSQL} does not exist .

Changed this to

hard_fail(
"Required software not found:\n\n",
( !exists $RESULTS{PG} || $RESULTS{PG} ) ? '' : ...

for all tests , see attached file.

Sorry, I'm not (yet ) very familiar with git to be sure that I'm
doing all right.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rolf Schaufelberger

plusW GmbH
Stuttgarter Str. 26 Tel. 07183 30 21 36
73635 Rudersberg Fax 07183 30 21 85

www.plusw.de
www.mypixler.com
www.calendrino.de
Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
I think that I fixed this, compare the version in git with the version
in 1.11.3

Regards

Paul

Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

give me a hint: How can I get 1.11.3 ? at github I searched but found
only 1.11.2 (master)

Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
Rolf Schaufelberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> give me a hint: How can I get 1.11.3 ? at github I searched but found
> only 1.11.2 (master)

I think the version that is currently in development is marked as
version 1.11.3 within Bric.pm since that is what it will be at the next
release. I haven't needed to download the devel branch since it was
moved to git. I meant compare the latest version in the development of
inst/required.pl to the version you have there because I think the
version thats in development is already fixed.

regards,

Paul
Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
On Jul 18, 2009, at 6:39 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

>> give me a hint: How can I get 1.11.3 ? at github I searched but
>> found only 1.11.2 (master)
>
> I think the version that is currently in development is marked as
> version 1.11.3 within Bric.pm since that is what it will be at the
> next release. I haven't needed to download the devel branch since it
> was moved to git. I meant compare the latest version in the
> development of inst/required.pl to the version you have there
> because I think the version thats in development is already fixed.

http://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/raw/master/inst/required.pl

Best,

David
Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
Hi,

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> http://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/raw/master/inst/required.pl

Looking at the version in master (which I assume is git's name for svn's
trunk), I think the version I came up with makes it slightly more obvious
what's going on.

($RESULTS{PG} or ($REQ{DB_TYPE} eq 'mysql')) ? '' :
"\tPostgreSQL >= 7.3.0 (http://postgresql.org)\n",
($RESULTS{MYSQL} or ($REQ{DB_TYPE} eq 'Pg')) ? '' :
"\tMySQL client >= 4.1.0 (http://mysql.com)\n",

I would download that version of required.pl and see if that fixes your
problem.

David, is there a timeline for releasing 1.11.2 ? I thought it had already
been released, hence my confusion.

regards,

Paul

Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
On Jul 20, 2009, at 7:22 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

> David, is there a timeline for releasing 1.11.2 ? I thought it had
> already been released, hence my confusion.

I'm going to put aside some time to work through bug fixes after
OSCON. If anyone else wants to get a start on fixing some of them, it
will get us to release more quickly.

Thanks,

David
Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
On Jul 20, 2009, at 12:27 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2009, at 7:22 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:
>
>> David, is there a timeline for releasing 1.11.2 ? I thought it had
>> already been released, hence my confusion.
>
> I'm going to put aside some time to work through bug fixes after
> OSCON. If anyone else wants to get a start on fixing some of them,
> it will get us to release more quickly.

We are currently in a testing phase and will be filing more bugs this
week.

-Matt
Re: Bug in inst/required.pl [ In reply to ]
The happy news is that Greg has just killed the story (and media and
template) versioning bug (#93). So that's something.

Patch coming soonest,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson