Lead SysAdmin www.digitalcraftsmen.net
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street, London, EC1R 0JH
Tel: 020 7183 1410 Fax: 020 7099 5140
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 11-May-09, at 6:12 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

> While Bricolage Bugs is being moved to Lighthouse, I've taken
> bugs.bricolage.cc offline with a holding page so that there are no
> changes after the export I did for Phillip on Friday.

Migration from that crazy Bugzilla database was a bit rough... but, I
think we're migrated:
http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com

Let me know if you see any major gaps, or problems, with the import.

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On May 11, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:

> Migration from that crazy Bugzilla database was a bit rough... but,
> I think we're migrated:
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com
>
> Let me know if you see any major gaps, or problems, with the import.

So bugs are tagged "normal"?

http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601-bricolage/tickets?q=tagged
:"22normal"

What other tags have you used? I imagine that tags are how we'll have
to categorize bugs, yes?

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 12-May-09, at 1:10 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On May 11, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:
>
>> Migration from that crazy Bugzilla database was a bit rough... but,
>> I think we're migrated:
>> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com
>>
>> Let me know if you see any major gaps, or problems, with the import.
>
> So bugs are tagged "normal"?
>
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601-bricolage/tickets?q=tagged
> :"22normal"
>
> What other tags have you used? I imagine that tags are how we'll
> have to categorize bugs, yes?

I used the "severity" column from Bugzilla, so I think they're
"normal," "critical," "enhancements," etc.

I'm going to take another look at the Bugzilla SQL tonight to see if
there's anything I missed. The one thing that is missing that might be
worth a re-import for is the version of Bricolage where the bug was
experience, or the date that it was submitted.

Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On May 12, 2009, at 9:41 AM, Phillip Smith wrote:

> I used the "severity" column from Bugzilla, so I think they're
> "normal," "critical," "enhancements," etc.
>
> I'm going to take another look at the Bugzilla SQL tonight to see if
> there's anything I missed. The one thing that is missing that might
> be worth a re-import for is the version of Bricolage where the bug
> was experience, or the date that it was submitted.

Yes, version would be useful so we could map it to an appropriate
milestone.

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 12-May-09, at 4:23 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On May 12, 2009, at 9:41 AM, Phillip Smith wrote:
>
>> I used the "severity" column from Bugzilla, so I think they're
>> "normal," "critical," "enhancements," etc.
>>
>> I'm going to take another look at the Bugzilla SQL tonight to see
>> if there's anything I missed. The one thing that is missing that
>> might be worth a re-import for is the version of Bricolage where
>> the bug was experience, or the date that it was submitted.
>
> Yes, version would be useful so we could map it to an appropriate
> milestone.

Anything else?

Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On May 12, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:

>> Yes, version would be useful so we could map it to an appropriate
>> milestone.
>
> Anything else?

And a pony.

Best,

David
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 13-May-09, at 1:03 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On May 12, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:
>
>>> Yes, version would be useful so we could map it to an appropriate
>>> milestone.
>>
>> Anything else?
>
> And a pony.

Har har har. What do you think this is, Jifty?

Anyway, I've deleted the previous import, and re-imported the bugs
with slightly better formatting, and the original bug ID, should we
need to dig it up in the Bugzilla SQL export.

Paul: can you re-direct http://bugs.bricolagecms.org/ and
bugs.bricolage.cc to:
http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601-bricolage/

Enjoy.

Phillip.

Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On May 12, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:

> Anyway, I've deleted the previous import, and re-imported the bugs
> with slightly better formatting, and the original bug ID, should we
> need to dig it up in the Bugzilla SQL export.
>
> Paul: can you re-direct http://bugs.bricolagecms.org/ and
> bugs.bricolage.cc to:
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601-bricolage/

Are all the comments imported, as well? Because, looking at, say, this
ticket:

http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601/tickets/82-uploading-media-with-spaces-in-the-name-fails-to-preview

It looks to me like there might have been some discussion that wasn't
copied over. If so, I'd like to be able to access the Bugzilla
interface to see all of the context -- at least until all bugs are
closed.

Thanks for your hard work on this, Phillip.

Best,

David
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On May 12, 2009, at 11:13 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Are all the comments imported, as well? Because, looking at, say,
> this ticket:
>
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601/tickets/82-uploading-media-with-spaces-in-the-name-fails-to-preview

In fact, I'm quite certain that I fixed this bug, though maybe I
didn't close it because I wanted someone to try it? I'd need to see it
in Bugzilla to know for sure.

http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601/tickets/67

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 13-May-09, at 3:13 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On May 12, 2009, at 10:16 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I've deleted the previous import, and re-imported the bugs
>> with slightly better formatting, and the original bug ID, should we
>> need to dig it up in the Bugzilla SQL export.
>>
>> Paul: can you re-direct http://bugs.bricolagecms.org/ and
>> bugs.bricolage.cc to:
>> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601-bricolage/
>
> Are all the comments imported, as well? Because, looking at, say,
> this ticket:
>
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601/tickets/82-uploading-media-with-spaces-in-the-name-fails-to-preview
>
> It looks to me like there might have been some discussion that
> wasn't copied over. If so, I'd like to be able to access the
> Bugzilla interface to see all of the context -- at least until all
> bugs are closed.

David: Do you want to grab a copy of the SQL? (I'll forward you Paul's
note with the link to it.)

Might be useful for you to have a look.

On the ticket referred to above, I ran:

SELECT
phillipadsmith_bricbugs.bugs.bug_id,
phillipadsmith_bricbugs.longdescs.bug_id,
phillipadsmith_bricbugs.bugs.short_desc,
phillipadsmith_bricbugs.longdescs.thetext
FROM phillipadsmith_bricbugs.bugs
INNER JOIN phillipadsmith_bricbugs.longdescs
ON phillipadsmith_bricbugs.bugs.bug_id =
phillipadsmith_bricbugs.longdescs.bug_id
WHERE phillipadsmith_bricbugs.bugs.bug_id = '1456'

And got these results:
1456,1456,uploading media with spaces in the name fails to
preview,"Create a media with a filename called 'Autumn Leaves.jpg'.
\nPreview it. The media saved to disk is something like\nmedia/
12/63/80/v.0/Autumn Leaves.jpg\nwith a space, but the row in the
resources table is\nmiles=> select id,uri from resource where uri like
E'%Autumn\\%%';\n\n id |
uri \n---------
+
---------------------------------------------------------------------------\n
8079249 | /entity/knowledge_communities/communities_practice/en/
Autumn%20Leaves.jpg\n 8079250 | /entity/knowledge_communities/
communities_practice/Autumn%20Leaves.jpg\n(2 rows)"
1456,1456,uploading media with spaces in the name fails to preview,Is
that not what it should be?
1456,1456,uploading media with spaces in the name fails to
preview,"Maybe so.. but preview doesn't work, so something is wrong. I
didn't look at it closely. Maybe it isn't distributing."

Which matches what's in the Lighthouse ticket.

That said, I agree that it might be useful to have read-only, or
password-protected, access to Bugzilla until these imported Lighthouse
bugs are closed.

Paul: are you able to help with that?

Phillip.

Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
> That said, I agree that it might be useful to have read-only, or
> password-protected, access to Bugzilla until these imported Lighthouse
> bugs are closed.
>
> Paul: are you able to help with that?

Would a copy of the VM be sufficient ? If not then I just need to migrate
it to another server so I can bring it up away from the redirected
bugs.bricolage.cc which I'll be doing this afternoon.

regards,

Paul
Re: Bricolage Bugs is down [ In reply to ]
On 13-May-09, at 9:54 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

>> That said, I agree that it might be useful to have read-only, or
>> password-protected, access to Bugzilla until these imported
>> Lighthouse bugs are closed.
>> Paul: are you able to help with that?
>
> Would a copy of the VM be sufficient ? If not then I just need to
> migrate it to another server so I can bring it up away from the
> redirected bugs.bricolage.cc which I'll be doing this afternoon.

Will that "just run(tm)" on VMware Fusion?

David: do you run VMware?

Phillip.