the data folder, and then run an upgrade? Or unpack the whole
Bricolage package?

-Matt
Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
How about a clean install on the new box, and then a SOAP-extravaganza
to move all the stuff?

Cheers,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On Apr 8, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> How about a clean install on the new box, and then a SOAP-extravaganza
> to move all the stuff?

We've thought about that, but I fear the complexity of that sort of
solution.
Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Matt Rolf wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Bret Dawson wrote:
>
>> How about a clean install on the new box, and then a SOAP-
>> extravaganza
>> to move all the stuff?
>
> We've thought about that, but I fear the complexity of that sort of
> solution.

Yeah, I don't recommend that. What i did was `make clone` on the old
box, and then `make install` on the new box. I then had to tweak
bricolage.conf and httpd.conf to work with Apache2, but otherwise it
all just worked.

Best,

David
Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
No, don't do that...

Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
Scott speaks from (painful) experience. Listen to him.

Best,

David

Re: Re: Best way to upgrade Bricolage [ In reply to ]
I concur. It seemed like a good idea, but in fact no, it was not.

Scott Lanning wrote:
> No, don't do that...
>
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Bret Dawson wrote:
> > How about a clean install on the new box, and then a SOAP-extravaganza
> > to move all the stuff?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bret
> >
> > On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 13:19 -0400, Matt Rolf wrote:
> >> I'm getting ready to put our data into a version of trunk, but I want
> >> to do it on a new box without Apache1 and all the old perl modules.
> >> What's the best way to do this sort of upgrade? Migrate the db and
> >> the data folder, and then run an upgrade? Or unpack the whole
> >> Bricolage package?
> >>
> >> -Matt

: Mark Jaroski
: Room 9016