Mailing List Archive

category completion throbber
Would it be acceptable to add a throbber to the category completion?
At least then the user is aware that something is happening during
an unacceptably long interval required to return all the categories.

I used this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif

comp/widgets/story_prof/edit_new.html

// add throbber after Primary Category text field
var throbber = new Element('img',
{ id: 'category_autocomplete_indicator',
src: '/media/images/Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif' });
Element.hide(throbber);
$('new_category_uri').insert({ after: throbber });

new Ajax.Autocompleter("new_category_uri", "category_autocomplete_choices",
"/widgets/story_prof/autocomplete_categories.html",
{
onEmpty: function() {
Element.show('new_cat_warning'); },
onNotEmpty: function() {
Element.hide('new_cat_warning') },
onEnter: function() {
catListMan.add('new_category_uri') },
minChars: 3,
indicator: 'category_autocomplete_indicator',
parameters: 'site_id=<% $site_id %>'
}
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On Apr 3, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

> Would it be acceptable to add a throbber to the category completion?
> At least then the user is aware that something is happening during
> an unacceptably long interval required to return all the categories.

+1 # I <3 throbbers (*ahem*).

> I used this one:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif

What license is Template:Cc-by-sa-4.5?

Best,

David
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:
>> Would it be acceptable to add a throbber to the category completion?
>> At least then the user is aware that something is happening during
>> an unacceptably long interval required to return all the categories.
>
> +1 # I <3 throbbers (*ahem*).
>
>> I used this one:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif
>
> What license is Template:Cc-by-sa-4.5?

This apparently:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia#CC-BY-SA

I'm not married to this particular, uh, throbber.
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On 3/4/09 17:08, Scott Lanning wrote:
> I'm not married to this particular, uh, throbber.

Everyone can make their own :-)

http://www.ajaxload.info/

S.

--
Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street, London. EC1R 0JH
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On Apr 3, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

> This apparently:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia#CC-BY-SA
>
> I'm not married to this particular, uh, throbber.

*shrug*. We can include a file with the license, just as we do for the
other images we use.

Best,

David
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On 3/4/09 17:08, Scott Lanning wrote:
>> I'm not married to this particular, uh, throbber.
>
> Everyone can make their own :-)
>
> http://www.ajaxload.info/

Even better.
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
> I used this one:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif

There's also the existing one in comp/media/images/busy_indicator.gif

Adrian
Re: category completion throbber [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Adrian Yee wrote:
>> I used this one:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif
>
> There's also the existing one in comp/media/images/busy_indicator.gif

Changed it to that, thanks.