Mailing List Archive

Re: [8547] Fixed popup menu z-index issues on the workspace/desk pages in
On Apr 2, 2009, at 4:45 PM, brewt@bricolage.cc wrote:

> Fixed popup menu z-index issues on the workspace/desk pages in IE.
> Searched high and low for a nicer solution to this and this is the
> easiest one.

Thanks. It seems like a reasonable hack to me. The only other thing I
might add is some code on the back end to not send that stuff off to
non-IE browsers. But it's not a big deal.

Best,

David
Re: [8547] Fixed popup menu z-index issues on the workspace/desk pages in [ In reply to ]
> Thanks. It seems like a reasonable hack to me. The only other thing I
> might add is some code on the back end to not send that stuff off to
> non-IE browsers. But it's not a big deal.

It does have a IE conditional statement around it so that only IE will
execute it.

The other little thing with that code is that on the workspace page,
that bit of code gets executed for each desk; so up to 3 times. Not a
big deal, but I'm not sure of a nice, easy, clean way of telling that
it's currently being used on a workspace and hasn't been included yet.

Adrian
Re: [8547] Fixed popup menu z-index issues on the workspace/desk pages in [ In reply to ]
On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Adrian Yee wrote:

>> Thanks. It seems like a reasonable hack to me. The only other thing
>> I might add is some code on the back end to not send that stuff off
>> to non-IE browsers. But it's not a big deal.
>
> It does have a IE conditional statement around it so that only IE
> will execute it.

I know. :-) I was just talking about not shipping it off to the
browser; but it doesn't much matter.

> The other little thing with that code is that on the workspace page,
> that bit of code gets executed for each desk; so up to 3 times. Not
> a big deal, but I'm not sure of a nice, easy, clean way of telling
> that it's currently being used on a workspace and hasn't been
> included yet.

Then it should probably be put into comp/workflow/profile/workspace/
dhandler and comp/workflow/profile/desk/dhandler, each of which
execute only once. After all, any desk can have different kinds of
assets on it, not just the workspace.

Best,

David
Re: [8547] Fixed popup menu z-index issues on the workspace/desk pages in [ In reply to ]
> > The other little thing with that code is that on the workspace page,
> > that bit of code gets executed for each desk; so up to 3 times. Not
> > a big deal, but I'm not sure of a nice, easy, clean way of telling
> > that it's currently being used on a workspace and hasn't been
> > included yet.
>
> Then it should probably be put into comp/workflow/profile/workspace/
> dhandler and comp/workflow/profile/desk/dhandler, each of which
> execute only once. After all, any desk can have different kinds of
> assets on it, not just the workspace.

I thought about that, but then didn't like it being duplicated in two places.
Better in one place, doing a tiny tiny bit extra work on the client side :)
Either way is fine by me though.

Adrian