when trying to build wackamole:

checking build system type... Invalid configuration
`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu failed

Is there a work around I can do to get wackamole configured and running on
my x64 server builds?

Thanks,

-Tim Spangler

Re: Wackamole X64 support? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 03:28:47PM -0700, Spangler, Tim wrote:
> I'm building out a mixed 32 bit & 64 bit cluster and I need to install
> wackamole on both SLES 10 x64 and SLES 10 x32. I get the following error
> when trying to build wackamole:
>
> checking build system type... Invalid configuration
> `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
> configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu failed
>
> Is there a work around I can do to get wackamole configured and running on
> my x64 server builds?

My guess is that you need a new config.guess and config.sub. Get the
latest from:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/config/config/config.guess
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/config/config/config.sub

Basically, wackamole's built-in copies of those files predated your
system.

Dustin

RE: Wackamole X64 support? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, That did the trick. I replaced the old versions of those files with
the new ones. For some reason though, the new files don't work with the 32
bit servers -- looks like my solution may be to just have 2 tarballs, 1 for
x64 and one for x32.

-Tim

Re: Wackamole X64 support? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:16:08PM -0700, Spangler, Tim wrote:
> Thanks, That did the trick. I replaced the old versions of those files with
> the new ones. For some reason though, the new files don't work with the 32
> bit servers -- looks like my solution may be to just have 2 tarballs, 1 for
> x64 and one for x32.

Interesting -- what's the error for the 32-bit systems? Not similar, I
hope?

I'm not a GNU autotools developer, so the answer to that question will
likely not enlighten me, but if you figure out what's up, the autotools
folks would probably like to know.

Dustin