This happens on both debian stable with gcc 2.95.4 and gentoo with gcc
3.3.4. It looks like a missing declaration, but maybe I'm missing some
library dependency?

Re: Linux compile error with 2.1.1 [ In reply to ]
Van Gale wrote:
> ife-sockpacket.c: In function `if_send_spoof_request':
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: `ping_pkt' undeclared (first use in this function)
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: for each function it appears in.)

Oops, on a whim I followed the cvs instructions on the backhand.org page
and see this fixed in the ChangeLog.

Any schedule for rolling this up into a tarball? :)

Re: Linux compile error with 2.1.1 [ In reply to ]
You need the latest CVS version.

On Dec 24, 2004, at 6:06 AM, Van Gale wrote:

> I've been running 2.0.0 for quite some time on a debian stable system
> without problems. I just downloaded 2.1.1 to play with the embedded
> perl and I'm getting a compile error:
>
> ife-sockpacket.c: In function `if_send_spoof_request':
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: `ping_pkt' undeclared (first use in this function)
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ife-sockpacket.c:87: for each function it appears in.)
>
> This happens on both debian stable with gcc 2.95.4 and gentoo with gcc
> 3.3.4. It looks like a missing declaration, but maybe I'm missing
> some library dependency?

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth

Re: Linux compile error with 2.1.1 [ In reply to ]
On Dec 24, 2004, at 6:25 AM, Van Gale wrote:
> Van Gale wrote:
>> ife-sockpacket.c: In function `if_send_spoof_request':
>> ife-sockpacket.c:87: `ping_pkt' undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> ife-sockpacket.c:87: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>> ife-sockpacket.c:87: for each function it appears in.)
>
> Oops, on a whim I followed the cvs instructions on the backhand.org
> page and see this fixed in the ChangeLog.
>
> Any schedule for rolling this up into a tarball? :)

It's on my todo list -- which is quite long at the moment.

No exact schedule.