Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wackamole-users] Not one but all the Vip´s travel from machine to machine
If you run wackamole -d, does it seem like both daemons think they own
both addresses? What about the interface list in /sbin/ifconfig? If
they both tried to aquire both addresses, the last one to arp spoof
would have them as far as other hosts are concerned. Maybe the
problem actually lies in your Spread configuration -- does it look
like the Wackamole daemons are communicating and completing their
state exchange?

Cheers,
Ryan

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:28:14 -0300, Pablo G. Milano
<pablom2@datatransfer.com.ar> wrote:
> I am new to wackamole.
> I´ve configured 2 Linux boxes running wackamole in order to share a pool of
> 2 virtual IP´s. What happens is that, the second wackamole to start wins ALL
> the IP address, not just one. If I restart wackamole, that machine starts
> owning all IP´s and so on. I can´t get a balanced state, in which each PC
> owns 1 and only 1 of the virtual IP´s. Am I doing something wrong?.
> These are the configuration file. The only difference between the 2 files is
> in the prefer IP Address.

> Spread = 4803
> SpreadRetryInterval = 5s
> Group = wack1
> Control = /var/run/wackamole/wackamole.it
>
> # The other box has prefer set to 192.168.10.173/24
> prefer eth0:192.168.10.172/24
>
> VirtualInterfaces {
> {eth0:192.168.10.172/24}
> {eth0:192.168.10.173/24}
> }
>
> Arp-Cache = 90s
> Notify {
> arp-cache
> }
>
> balance {
> interval = 4s
> }
>
> mature = 5s
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Ryan W. Caudy
<rcaudy@gmail.com>
Bloomberg L.P.
<rcaudy1@bloomberg.net>
[Alumnus]
<caudy@cnds.jhu.edu>
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems
Department of Computer Science
Johns Hopkins University