Mailing List Archive

Not one but all the Vip´s travel from machine to machine
I am new to wackamole.
I´ve configured 2 Linux boxes running wackamole in order to share a pool of
2 virtual IP´s. What happens is that, the second wackamole to start wins ALL
the IP address, not just one. If I restart wackamole, that machine starts
owning all IP´s and so on. I can´t get a balanced state, in which each PC
owns 1 and only 1 of the virtual IP´s. Am I doing something wrong?.
These are the configuration file. The only difference between the 2 files is
in the prefer IP Address.

Spread = 4803
SpreadRetryInterval = 5s
Group = wack1
Control = /var/run/wackamole/wackamole.it

# The other box has prefer set to 192.168.10.173/24
prefer eth0:192.168.10.172/24

VirtualInterfaces {
{eth0:192.168.10.172/24}
{eth0:192.168.10.173/24}
}

Arp-Cache = 90s
Notify {
arp-cache
}

balance {
interval = 4s
}

mature = 5s

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Lic. Pablo Milano
Datatransfer S.A - Belgrano 1586 piso 6 - Tel 4382-6400 (int 113)
Buenos Aires - Argentina