Mailing List Archive

Installation problems
I encountered some problems in the installation on Linux 2.4.20

1) In: wackamole-2.1.0 the configure program print:
"checking size of short int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
(short int), 77"
And then exit.
2) wackamole-2.0.0 the configure program print:
"checking size of short int..."
Without yes/no after the three points, but does not exits.
3) When trying to execute wackamole (version 2.0) I get the following
error:
"wackamole: error while loading shared libraries: libtspread.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"
While the file (link) libtspread.so exists in: /usr/local/lib . The
directory is in the PATH variable and the execitable was compiled and
linked with the correct -L value:
"gcc -o wackamole wackamole.o alarm.o lex.wack.o y.tab.o arpcache.o
spoofmanager.o abt.o control.o apue.o configuration.o ife-sockpacket.o
-L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -ldl -lnsl -lpthread -ltspread"
The only way I could make it work is with static linking:
"gcc -o wackamole wackamole.o alarm.o lex.wack.o y.tab.o arpcache.o
spoofmanager.o abt.o control.o apue.o configuration.o ife-sockpacket.o
/usr/local/lib/libtspread.a -L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -ldl -lnsl
-lpthread"

Thanks,

Yuval Lifshitz
CableMatrix Inc.

Re: Installation problems [ In reply to ]
Yuval Lifshitz (Exchange) wrote:

>I encountered some problems in the installation on Linux 2.4.20
>
>1) In: wackamole-2.1.0 the configure program print:
>"checking size of short int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
>(short int), 77"
>And then exit.
>2) wackamole-2.0.0 the configure program print:
>"checking size of short int..."
>Without yes/no after the three points, but does not exits.
>3) When trying to execute wackamole (version 2.0) I get the following
>error:
>"wackamole: error while loading shared libraries: libtspread.so: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>While the file (link) libtspread.so exists in: /usr/local/lib . The
>directory is in the PATH variable and the execitable was compiled and
>linked with the correct -L value:
>"gcc -o wackamole wackamole.o alarm.o lex.wack.o y.tab.o arpcache.o
>spoofmanager.o abt.o control.o apue.o configuration.o ife-sockpacket.o
>-L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -ldl -lnsl -lpthread -ltspread"
>The only way I could make it work is with static linking:
>"gcc -o wackamole wackamole.o alarm.o lex.wack.o y.tab.o arpcache.o
>spoofmanager.o abt.o control.o apue.o configuration.o ife-sockpacket.o
>/usr/local/lib/libtspread.a -L/usr/local/lib -rdynamic -ldl -lnsl
>-lpthread"

Sounds like you installed Spread, but didn't add the libraries to the
system library run path.

On linux, make sure /usr/local/lib/libtspread.so exists. add
/usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig -v.

Alternatively, you can add --with-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib" to you wackamole configure to work around the
"incomplete" Spread library install.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/