Mailing List Archive

Wackamole 2.1.0-rc1

Hello wackamole users,

There have been a few outstanding issues and _ages_ since the last
release of Wackamole (2.0.0 on 2002-Nov-16).

Well, a lot has change since then. And in fact, a lot has changed
since last night when I discovered a slew of endian issues after a
couple of bug reports.

Anyway, the problems are widespread enough that a new release is
certainly warranted. I have rolled a 2.1.0-rc1 release that is
available online at the usual wackamole download page under the name:

wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.gz

This should has fixed numerous bugs and added a good number features
since the last release. The bug fixes _may_ have fixed the Solaris
ARP-caching problem that was discussed in recent past on the list and
_may_ have fixed the PIX gratuitous ARP problems.

I don't have a Solaris test box, so there certainly could be some
brown-paper bag bugs on the rc1 release. Testing on FreeBSD and Linux
has been done and we have this running in production on our Linux boxes
and FreeBSD boxes.

Any takers and testers with feedback would be appreciated greatly.

Perhaps the coolest new feature: man pages. :-D

ChangeLog
- - ----------------
* Allow for both non-threaded and threaded code. Proper ifdefs.
* non-threaded by default, there are problems with the threads.
* RunDynamic directives to call loadable modules and embedded perl.
* Fixed rampant endian problems.
* Fixed CIDR form ranged arp notifications.
* Shared arp cache is now IP and MAC -- includes fixes to buffer
overruns triggered during collecting local ARP info on Solaris.
* When arp-spoofing to IPs in the shared arp cache, both broadcast
and directed ARP responses are done.
* Hack for Linux to post process the VIF table after a balance that
performs an if_down to make sure no other interfaces were casualties of
that operation.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth
Wackamole 2.1.0-rc1 [ In reply to ]
Hmm. I am having trouble downloading this from the download web page. The
url seems incorrect perhaps, but I am abel to download that last cvs
snapshot, and all the packages below that.

The url for retrieving the new tar ball file is
(http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/download/wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.g
z?FILE=wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.gz&perm=1082831230)

IE 6 says
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/wackamole/download/wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.gz on this server.

----

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.backhand.org Port 80

Wackamole 2.1.0-rc1 [ In reply to ]
On Apr 24, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Superman wrote:
> Hmm. I am having trouble downloading this from the download web page.
> The
> url seems incorrect perhaps, but I am abel to download that last cvs
> snapshot, and all the packages below that.
>
> The url for retrieving the new tar ball file is
> (http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/download/
> wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.g
> z?FILE=wackamole_CVS_200404231531.tar.gz&perm=1082831230)

I've changed some permissions on the web server. Looks like the latest
copy wasn't published correctly.

The 20040423 snapshot if 2.1.0-rc1. If you did a CVS checkout, that's
the one. Otherwise try fetching it again.

// Theo Schlossnagle