Mailing List Archive

Spread error resolved but new wackamole bugs found
Well sort of I think.

In my previous message, I had stated that if I was to kill off wackamole
and then restart it, it would repeatedly try to connect to Spread
unsuccessfully. I ran "wackamole -d ..." and also turned on Spread logging
as Theo suggested.

I eventually tracked down the problem although I found others which I'll
write in a separate e-mail to make it easier to track.

In my wackamole.conf, I have a "RunDynamic ... on up" to set a default
route with a Perl script. I also have a "RunDynamic ... on down" to remove
the default route. It seems the "on down" doesn't get executed so the
default route stays.

For some reason, if this default route is still there, the next time I
startup wackamole and it calls the Perl subroutine to set my default
route, it fails. Not sure why this would cause Spread connection errors
though "SP_ERROR: -8" I think in syslog.

This was fixed by added a line to remove the default route right before
adding one in my Perl script. It seems that removing a non-existant
default route doesn't cause the Spread connection errors. Again, this is
with Linux kernel 2.4.23.

Andy