Mailing List Archive

Servers in .co.uk domain
Hi All

I've been running backhand for about one month now. My set up had
www.oddschecker.co.uk as the front tier and www2.oddschecker.com and
www3.oddschecker.com in the back tier. =20

Front tier configuration looked like this

Backhand byAge
Backhand byLoad
Backhand HTTPRedirectToName %3S

This worked fine and I was very happy with this situation.

I changed the back tier machines from .com to .co.uk so now I have
www2.oddschecker.co.uk and www3.oddschecker.co.uk and the following
front tier configuration.

Backhand byAge
Backhand byLoad
Backhand HTTPRedirectToName %4S

Now the load balancing doesn't work. Versions of operating system and
apache have not changed. All I did was to change the hostname of the
machines and the ServerName directive in the httpd.conf.

What am I missing?

Regards

Kee Gohil
Oddschecker
Servers in .co.uk domain [ In reply to ]
Hi,

have you tried this without any format strings? As far as I can
tell, they are only useful when you want to redirect based on
parts of the original request's host. In your case, if there's only
one front-end host that needs to be redirected, it isn't necessary
to "know" the original host name at all. Otherwise, %-1H should
probably work (if you have www2 and www3 as the back tier hosts).

Regards,
Marinos

Servers in .co.uk domain [ In reply to ]
Hi

I've tried it without format strings and it doesn't work at all. I've
also tried the format string "%-3S.%1H". Same result.

I switch it back to .com and it all works fine. Is there any kind of
debug or log that I can turn on to help identify what is going on?

Thanks

Kee