Mailing List Archive

byRandom doesn't work with two servers
Hy.

I have been testing mod_backhand for a while know, and I still have a
similar Problem:

Everytime the requests are transferred to the 2nd Server (not the
frontend server) I get the error index.whtml not found on this server.
The log shows the following:

All funcs executed -> callisto
[notice] (Type =3D>) =3D *{ backhand-redirection, backhand:/index.whtml,
backhand/redirect }

If I disable mod_backhand and test each server seperately, everything
works fine.
I have tried byRandom and byLoad, /backhand/ shows that both servers are
there and ready, and I am running out of ideas ....

The setup I am using is Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.5
OpenSSL/0.9.6c mod_jk/1.1.0 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a PHP/4.1.1 DAV/1.0.3
AuthMySQL/2.20 mod_backhand/1.2.1
and I am using Tomcat 4.0.2 as servlet engine. Tomcat is loadbalanced by
mod_jk.

I really appreciate any help, even if it is something like "Man, you are
stupid, the solution is......" :-))

By the way, please reply to my Mail adress as I am not part of this list
Thank you very much

Martin =

#Daniel Bodurant wrote:

#I was having a very similar problem.

#Check the apache logs, if it is trying to access the file /index.html
#instead of /path/to/www/index.html, than I was having the same problem.
#Search the mail list archives for similar problems.
#
#What was happening for me was apache was segfaulting every few
requests. I
#never came up with a good solution/workaround, and eventually resorted
#rebuilding the machine.
-- =

F=FCr weitere Fragen stehe ich Ihnen gerne telefonisch
oder via E-Mail zur Verf=FCgung.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Martin Kerstein
Unix-Administration

Wapme Systems AG
M=FCnsterstr. 248
40470 D=FCsseldorf

Tel.: + 49 -211- 74845 - 0
Fax: + 49 -211- 6026 - 2801

E-Mail: kerstein@wapme-systems.de
Internet:http://www.wapme-systems.de

- Wapme Systems AG -
Der Wert f=FCr mobile Internetkommunikation
am NEUEN MARKT
WKN: 549550 - Reutersk=FCrzel: WPM G.F