Now wackamole brings down all its virtual interfaces when it is
killed and then exits.
Also, if Spread dies, wackamole brings down all its interfaces and
tries to reconnect to spread every 30 seconds.
For more information about wackamole, please feel free to visit
http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/

Sincerely

Aashima Munjal
[mod_backhand-users] Wackamole 1.0.1 released [ In reply to ]
Are there plans for a version that works on FreeBSD?

[mod_backhand-users] Wackamole 1.0.1 released [ In reply to ]
> Are there plans for a version that works on FreeBSD?

Once anonymous cvs access is opened up to spread, I'll dive in and see
if I can fix whatever's not working. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden
[mod_backhand-users] Wackamole 1.0.1 released [ In reply to ]
To clarify.. It is wackamole that doesn't support FreeBSD. Spread does
just fine.

The code to bring up and down a virtual IP address on an interface and
to arp spoof that address needs to be rewritten for FreeBSD (and Solaris
for that matter).

AND.... Wackamole _in_ in anonymous CVS. ;-)

Vists the website for direction on anon access.

On Monday, September 17, 2001, at 06:59 PM, Sean Chittenden wrote:
>> Are there plans for a version that works on FreeBSD?
>
> Once anonymous cvs access is opened up to spread, I'll dive in and see
> if I can fix whatever's not working. -sc

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984
[mod_backhand-users] Wackamole 1.0.1 released [ In reply to ]
> To clarify.. It is wackamole that doesn't support FreeBSD. Spread does
> just fine.

::grin:: Yup, too right. anoncvs works beautifully for wackamole, but
it currently doesn't compile w/o spread running.

> The code to bring up and down a virtual IP address on an interface and
> to arp spoof that address needs to be rewritten for FreeBSD (and Solaris
> for that matter).

Go figure. Theo, how do you intend to handle the OS portability for
this? #ifdef's inline, or an external portability header file that
defines the all of functions used and then have the #defines and
#ifdef's in portability.h?

> AND.... Wackamole _in_ in anonymous CVS. ;-)

Again, tons of thanks for making it available to work on. -sc

[mod_backhand-users] Wackamole 1.0.1 released [ In reply to ]
Actually, I almost have autoconf working in Wackamole. I will show up
in CVS when it works well. I'm sure this is new news to Aashima :-)

The easiest way to put support it is to _port_ the whole ife.c file over
to FreeBSD and let me glue it into my autoconf modifications.

Think it will all fit together nicely.