Mailing List Archive

[mod_backhand-users] Mod_Backhand & Debian: .debs available.
--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

Hello Mod_Backhand-Users,

With the blessing of Theo, I have created a Debian package of Mod_Backhand=
=20
which I will soon be unloading to the Debian archive. My curent package is=
=20
of 1.1.1pre4, and I have only compiled it for i386 against the latest=20
version of Apache in Debian's unstable distribution, 1.3.19.

I am hoping to find a few Debian admins who are willing to test this packag=
e.=20
I have a very small installation here of two machines running Debian/unstab=
le=20
with this package, and I have not seen anything out of the ordinary with it=
s=20
operation, but a larger testing group of people who are familiar with=20
Mod_Backhand would be appreciated. Obviously you would need to be running=
=20
Debian Linux unstable to test this with Apache 1.3.19 installed. You can=20
grab the i386 .deb from:

http://www.rcpt.to/~james/programs/debian/dists/unstable/

Binaries for other platforms (arm, sparc, ppc, m68k, hppa, ia64, s390, mips=
,=20
mipsel, and GNU/hurd) should be available after I upload to the autobuild=
=20
system. Alternatively, the .dsc Debian source package is also on this=20
URL; you are free to take it and build the package for your platform=20
if you are so inclined!

This package will install to /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_backhand.so, so if you=
=20
have already compiled a copy to this location, you may want to back it up (=
cp=20
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_backhand.so /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_backhand.so.ori=
g).=20
The post install does not touch your configuration files; all instructions=
=20
are in /usr/share/doc/libapache-mod-backhand/README.Debian.

I wouldn't run this on a production system yet until I upload to unstable=
=20
(which is still probably not a good idea on a production system since it=20
is called "unstable", but anyway...).=20

Please let me know if there are any issues with the package, and also if=20
you have no problems at all; that way I can judge the package and upload=20
if all is well. I am hoping to fix as may issues as possible before I=20
widen the test group again. ;)

Many thanks,

James Bromberger

--=20
James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james

* * C u in Bordeaux - 1st Debian Conference, July 2001 * *=20
Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--
[mod_backhand-users] Mod_Backhand & Debian: .debs available. [ In reply to ]
--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

Hi James

Great, I've been waiting for a debian package for some time now. Sure I will
test it, though not on the productive system (which still run on suse).
Unfortunately this will have to wait for one week or so, but I will let you
know what I think about it as soon as possible.

On 0, James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to> wrote:
>=20
> Hello Mod_Backhand-Users,
>=20
> With the blessing of Theo, I have created a Debian package of Mod_Backhan=
d=20
> which I will soon be unloading to the Debian archive. My curent package i=
s=20
> of 1.1.1pre4, and I have only compiled it for i386 against the latest=20
> version of Apache in Debian's unstable distribution, 1.3.19.
[...]

--=20
sleep: A few hours grace before the madness begins again.

PGP Key: 0xAEA32006 - 048D 5808 89B4 C612 5A15 A399 82A9 A419 AEA3 2006

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR--