( the one that was running on 8080) of apache over to port 80, it comes to a
grinding halt. It BARELY serves pages and when I can get through to check
the server stats page on either of the two servers, they are both "in the
red". As soon as I stop this instance of apache, the new webserver (www2)
is back "in the grey", and when I switch it back to port 8080 they work
again.

Does anyone know why this is happening or what might cause this
behavior?????
[mod_backhand-users] Backhand works great in my test environment, but...... [ In reply to ]
I really don't understand what you did. Do I have this right:

You have production web site on port 80.
You set up mod_backhand to test on port 8080.
It tested fine.
So, you stop the production site and start the new mod_backhand enabled site
on 8080.
Things fall apart...

Is that it? What type of Apache servers? (i.e. mod_perl, mod_php, mod_ssl?)
Is there any output of use in the error_log. If not, try turning on the
logging:

BackhandLogLevel +net1,+net2,+net3,+dcsn1,+mbcs1

This would help in diagnosing the problem.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E 2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F