Mailing List Archive

Question on mismatched servers
Hi,
I'm trying to use backhand to load balance a trio of virtual servers
residing on different machines. I got it to work just fine on two "test"
servers, that have identical directory trees. This was in preparation to
add these two to our main server, which is overloaded.

But I cannot get the main server to send requests to the other two. I
suspect it may be because the directory roots are different. I am trying to
loadbalance the requests to the htdocs directory between the three, on all
three the htdocs directory is identical.

On server 1 (main) the full local path to htdocs is

/usr/myusername/www/httpd/htdocs

On server 2 and 3, the full local path to htdocs is
/usr/local/apache/htdocs.

How can I convince backhand on the three servers this is the same resource?
thanks!

Dayle Smith

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/