[error] [client IP NUMBER] File does not exist: filedir/index.php

I know that this is a major possibly a nfs issue, but I thought it might
be a backhand problem as well since it is working over backhand to grab
the pages.

thanks in advance (advice, flames, gestures, etc)

Craig.
Apache,NFS, FreeBSD, SuSe Linux. [ In reply to ]
--=-qB4+2QXcf9X6+sFtVnph

Have you tried "dmesg" on the linux box to show if the kernel prints out
nfs warnings?
So you can exclude that it isn't a nfs problem? does ls -l always works
on the exported
directory?

Andreas Unterkircher

Am Mon, den 02.02.2004 schrieb Craig Harding um 06:52:

> Has anyone here tried Apache with mod_backhand over NFS and using A
> FreeBSD NFS Server, a freebsd client and a linux client?
>
> The freebsd apache machine works fine with grabbing and loading the pages..
>
> But when I try reloading a page and it goes to the linux webserver it
> sometimes cannot find the file, if I look at the error_log for that
> linux webserver there are about 40-100 lines of:
>
> [warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
> [warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
> [warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
> [error] [client IP NUMBER] File does not exist: filedir/index.php
>
> I know that this is a major possibly a nfs issue, but I thought it might
> be a backhand problem as well since it is working over backhand to grab
> the pages.
>
> thanks in advance (advice, flames, gestures, etc)
>
> Craig.

--=-qB4+2QXcf9X6+sFtVnph

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Have you tried &quot;dmesg&quot; on the linux box to show if the kernel prints out nfs warnings?<BR>
So you can exclude that it isn't a nfs problem? does ls -l always works on the exported<BR>
directory?<BR>
<BR>
Andreas Unterkircher<BR>
<BR>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>Has anyone here tried Apache with mod_backhand over NFS and using A
FreeBSD NFS Server, a freebsd client and a linux client?

The freebsd apache machine works fine with grabbing and loading the pages..

But when I try reloading a page and it goes to the linux webserver it
sometimes cannot find the file, if I look at the error_log for that
linux webserver there are about 40-100 lines of:

[warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
[warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
[warn] (4)Interrupted system call: connect() timed out
[error] [client IP NUMBER] File does not exist: filedir/index.php

I know that this is a major possibly a nfs issue, but I thought it might
be a backhand problem as well since it is working over backhand to grab
the pages.

thanks in advance (advice, flames, gestures, etc)

Craig.

<FONT COLOR="#737373"></I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-qB4+2QXcf9X6+sFtVnph--
Apache,NFS, FreeBSD, SuSe Linux. [ In reply to ]
Ofcourse it does, but when I keep Refreshing the page (perhaps once or
twice (or more) a second), then when one of those refreshes goes to the
linux machine it will say it can't find the page and when looking at the
error_log the mesg that I sent before shows in the log file.

craig.