Mailing List Archive

no balancing
Hello

i installed backhand on 2 test servers in my LAN. When i run the
backhand-test cgi-script supplied with backhand, it works perferctly. I get
answers from both of my servers as expected.
But when i want to load balance an other directory (/data/web/htdocs) i
always get the answer from the server i address directly (server 1). I have
absolutely no idea how to get this thing running.

Here is my configruation on server 1
==========================

<Directory /data/web/htdocs>
Backhand byAge
Backhand byRandom
Backhand byLoad
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin>
Backhand byAge
Backhand byRandom
Backhand byLoad
</Directory>

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.21

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.21>
DocumentRoot /data/web/htdocs
ServerName cluster1.kiss-net.de
</VirtualHost>

Configuration on server 2
===================

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.20

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.20>
DocumentRoot /data/web/htdocs
ServerName cluster1.kiss-net.de
</VirtualHost>

I assume that server 2 does not need the <Directory> configurations in the
apache conf file, too.
I must say, that i do not have a DNS running in my LAN, so i have to adjust
the /etc/hosts files appropriately.

http://cluster1.kiss-net.de/backhand/ delivers the following:

0 athena.kiss-net.de 0 192.168.1.21:80 250 MB 110
MB 0/0 0 [0] 572735 1 0.280/256 0.890
1 linux.kiss-net.de 0 192.168.1.20:80 127 MB 66
MB 0/0 0 [0] 244347 1 0.000/256 1.000

Any help welcome,

Uwe

Uwe Maiwald
KISS-Net GmbH
Franz-Xaver-Heiligstr. 7
88630 Pfullendorf
Germany

Email: u.maiwald@kiss-net.de
Tel.: 07552 / 4075-069
Fax.: 07552 / 4075-345
Web: http://www.kiss-net.de
no balancing [ In reply to ]
in case somebody is interested to know:

i had to remove the ClearModuleList command line in the apache config file
in order to get backhand balancing other directories than the cgi-bin
directory with the backhand test script.
Uwe

Uwe Maiwald
KISS-Net GmbH
Franz-Xaver-Heiligstr. 7