Mailing List Archive

backhand and name virtualhost revisit
Dear Backhand experts,

I found some reference in the mailing list archive that simply says that
backhand should work with no problem with name base virtualhosts.

I use mod_backhand-1.2.2 in a pair of servers serving about 30 virtualhosts
with different document roots.
There is only one IP address that is available from the outside, which is
owned by one of the servers (www1).

For some reason, backhanded requests that come to the second server (www2) are
not handled by the correct virtualhosts. They are all taken by the default
server.
Well, since the document roots are different, the files requested are not
there. I know that the default server took the requests because I can see in
the error_log file that the missing files are always
at /root_of_default_server/requested/path/file.

Any idea why my setting is broken?