Mailing List Archive

Strange signs appearing
Hi!

I today have installed a test environment with two servers. One acting
as a front server the other as a backend.

I have downloaded the sources (v1.2.2) from backhand.org and got the
configuration to run so far as everything works fine, when using Mozilla
or lynx as a browser. Problem now is, that IE does wierd things when
accesing the very same pages.

It's always that I get the correct page but with some hex-numers i'd say
scattered throughout the document. As a guess I'd say these are debug
messages of some kind...

I've attached parts of an example file. As said this only happens when
using the IE (Version 6 under Win2000)

------

f32
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Index of /media</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Index of /media</H1>

------

--
David Krix
Strange signs appearing [ In reply to ]
Well, that's clearly a chunked encoding problem. I thought I fixed
that a long time ago.

You can check out the CVS version, which might work better (that would
help me a bit).

Or you can work around it by force downgrading the connection for MSIE
6 in the httpd.conf file:

BrowserMatch "MSIE 6;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

On Sunday, Mar 23, 2003, at 21:40 US/Eastern, David Krix wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I today have installed a test environment with two servers. One acting
> as a front server the other as a backend.
>
> I have downloaded the sources (v1.2.2) from backhand.org and got the
> configuration to run so far as everything works fine, when using
> Mozilla or lynx as a browser. Problem now is, that IE does wierd
> things when accesing the very same pages.
>
> It's always that I get the correct page but with some hex-numers i'd
> say scattered throughout the document. As a guess I'd say these are
> debug messages of some kind...
>
> I've attached parts of an example file. As said this only happens when
> using the IE (Version 6 under Win2000)
>
> ------
>
> f32
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <TITLE>Index of /media</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <H1>Index of /media</H1>
>
> ------
>
> --
> David Krix

Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant
OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/
Phone: +1 410 872 4910 x201 Fax: +1 410 872 4911
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984
2047R/33131B65/71 F7 95 64 49 76 5D BA 3D 90 B9 9F BE 27 24 E7
Strange signs appearing [ In reply to ]
Hi Theo,

I just figured that it has something to do with the midgard CMS module I
am using on the machines. when I switch off midgard delivery everything
works fine but that sure isn't an option :-(

I've checked out the CVS version of backhand but that doesn't help either.

--
David Krix