Mailing List Archive

Two servers, diffferent locations
Can Backhand be configured to work with two servers in different locations?
I intentionally have one server on the east coast and one on the west and
would like them to be able to share the load. If this can be done, what
kind of configuration would I use.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe Torsitano
Two servers, diffferent locations [ In reply to ]
Joe,

I have used Backhand in that configuration. Seems to work ok except for
the random outages that no one can explain. (I've rigged Apache to
restart itself periodically on both servers which appears to solve
this.) The outages are probably not related to physical proximity.

Let me know if you need any examples of my configuration.

- tom

tlack@modernmethod.com

Two servers, diffferent locations [ In reply to ]
Joe Torsitano wrote:
> Can Backhand be configured to work with two servers in different locations?
> I intentionally have one server on the east coast and one on the west and
> would like them to be able to share the load. If this can be done, what
> kind of configuration would I use.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Read the course notes available on the web site (go the www.backhand.org main
site). Getting the backhand servers to talk to each other over a widearea
network requires some networking know-how --- buyer beware.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant