Mailing List Archive

mod_backhand install problem on RedHat
Hi all,

I'm backhand newbie, so may be this is a bit silly question. Anyway.
I need to use load-balancing between 2 (in future may be more webservers).
I found mod_backhand apache modul should provide this.

But I have the problem to install it.

My configuration (on 1 PC - other are not important yet, but the second
will be winNT):
RedHat Linux 8.0
Apache 2.0.43 (headers and ssl modules included)

I downloaded mod_backhand-1.2.2.tar.tar from www.backhand.org.

To install the module I tried 2 approaches with poor results:

1.) attempt 1:
- I tried to recompile apache using commands:
./precompile ....

./configure --enable-ssl=shared --enable-headers=shared
--enable-module=backhand --enable-shared=backhand
make
make install

everything went OK, but - I couldn't run apache (I mean, it looked like
everything is OK, no error message, but i couldn't connect to it from
browser). I got swet, because the web didn't work at all.
So I reinstalled apache from backup copy.

2.)attempt 2:
- I tried to use apxs-way

ln -s /usr/apache/include/ap_config.h config.h

/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -c -o mod_backhand.so apue.c arriba.c
back_util.c builtins.c mod_backhand.c

result:

/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -O2
-pthread -I/usr/local/apache2/include -c -o apue.lo apue.c && touch
apue.slo
apue.c: In function `cli_conn':
apue.c:322: `MAXPATHLEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
apue.c:322: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
apue.c:322: for each function it appears in.)
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
.
[root@info4 mod_backhand-1.2.1]#

I "grepped" header files but I didn't find such constant (MAXPATHLEN)
definition.

Please, can anybody help me with some advise how to really install
mod_backhand (or load) module to apache ? (I could use LoadModule ... but
I don't have .so file, because I failed with compilation).

Thanx in advance.
Vlado.
mod_backhand install problem on RedHat [ In reply to ]
mod_backhand does not work under Apache 2.0.

Iman Mayes

I'm backhand newbie, so may be this is a bit silly question. Anyway.
I need to use load-balancing between 2 (in future may be more
webservers).
I found mod_backhand apache modul should provide this.

But I have the problem to install it.

My configuration (on 1 PC - other are not important yet, but the second
will be winNT):
RedHat Linux 8.0
Apache 2.0.43 (headers and ssl modules included)

I downloaded mod_backhand-1.2.2.tar.tar from www.backhand.org.

To install the module I tried 2 approaches with poor results:

1.) attempt 1:
- I tried to recompile apache using commands:
./precompile ....

./configure --enable-ssl=3Dshared --enable-headers=3Dshared
--enable-module=3Dbackhand --enable-shared=3Dbackhand
make
make install

everything went OK, but - I couldn't run apache (I mean, it looked like
everything is OK, no error message, but i couldn't connect to it from
browser). I got swet, because the web didn't work at all.
So I reinstalled apache from backup copy.

2.)attempt 2:
- I tried to use apxs-way

ln -s /usr/apache/include/ap_config.h config.h

/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -c -o mod_backhand.so apue.c arriba.c
back_util.c builtins.c mod_backhand.c

result:

/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=3Dcompile gcc
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DLINUX=3D2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=3D500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -g -O2
-pthread -I/usr/local/apache2/include -c -o apue.lo apue.c && touch
apue.slo
apue.c: In function `cli_conn':
apue.c:322: `MAXPATHLEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
apue.c:322: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
apue.c:322: for each function it appears in.)
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=3D65536
.