Mailing List Archive

help with backhand & rewrite
Hello List,

I've been fighting with mod_backhand and mod_rewrite for a couple
of days now. For my sanity's sake I'm hoping someone can help me
with this. Here's my (seemingly simple) problem:

I have a two-tiered backhand set up and I want to prepend some data
onto each url before backhand sends it off to a second-tier server.
When a request comes into the first tier server(s) for:

/uri/path/file.html

I want to modify (rewrite) it so that this goes to the second tier:

/PREPEND/DATA/uri/path/file.html

I've tried every way I can think of to get this working, but i think
the basic idea goes something like this:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /PREPEND/DATA/$1

Has anyone gotten a setup like this working? Is it possible for
backhand and rewrite to play nice together? (I do have them both
working properly individually, fwiw)

Thanks for listening...

::md

[mike demers at teytek dot com]