Mailing List Archive

about clustering of web servers using mod_backhand
hi mag,
I have read the doc you recommended. I still got some place not
understood.
in my situation, I only use 2 apache web servers to proxy all requests to
the second tier weblogic 6.1 server with the help of weblogic plug-ins.
So how can I config the clustering of 2 apache web servers? Just do as
"configuring mod_backhand" said.
(1) what the purpose of this configuration of following segment?
<Directory "/var/backhand/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Backhand byAge
Backhand byRandom
Backhand byLogWindow
Backhand byLoad
</Directory>

(2) as clustering works, need these 2 apache web server 's IP adress map to the same IP adress, which is provided for outside. Am I right?
Can you give some explaination about this? which part of config illustrate this?
is the following section?
<IfModule mod_backhand.c>
# This directorty must be readable and writable by euid of apache (nobody)
# The mod_backhand-Arriba and the AF_UNIX domain files are stored in here.
UnixSocketDir /var/backhand/backhand
# This would be the way to do ethernet broadcast
# MulticastStats 128.220.221.255:4445
# but we choose to use the following IP multicast address with a TTL of 1
MulticastStats 239.255.221.20:4445,1
# We want to accept resource information originating from any IP on our
# network.
AcceptStats 128.220.221.0/24
</IfModule>

thanks
zhou
about clustering of web servers using mod_backhand [ In reply to ]
hi mag,
I have read the doc you recommended. I still got some places not
understood.
in my situation, I only use 2 apache web servers to proxy all requests to
the second tier weblogic 6.1 server with the help of weblogic plug-ins.
So how can I config the clustering of 2 apache web servers now? Just do as
"configuring mod_backhand" said. I have following questions:
[...]

(3) can you suggest configration according to my situation?
suppose my apache server 1: 155.161.1.1
apache server 2: 155.161.1.2

great thanks!
zhou