memory running Solaris 8.

The backhand status page is incorrectly listing the CPU count. It seems to
give a random value every time I refresh the page. The count has been as
low as 8 (which is correct) and as high as 67.

Also, the Total and Avail Mem counts seem to be off by a factor or 10.
Total Mem is being displayed as 3327 MB, when it should be 33270 MB.

Any ideas?

-Jeffrey
Incorrect Total Mem and CPU counts [ In reply to ]
Stephens, Jeffrey H wrote:

>I'm trying to configure mod_backhand on an 8 CPU Sun Fire V880 with 32GB of
>memory running Solaris 8.
>
>The backhand status page is incorrectly listing the CPU count. It seems to
>give a random value every time I refresh the page. The count has been as
>low as 8 (which is correct) and as high as 67.
>
>Also, the Total and Avail Mem counts seem to be off by a factor or 10.
>Total Mem is being displayed as 3327 MB, when it should be 33270 MB.
>
>Any ideas?

The number of bytes are stored in an int. So there is the memory
problem -- or one of them. I have changed the CVS version to store the
memory values as MB units. So it should fit much better in that size
data type.

As for the CPU problem, I would update to the latest CVS version and see
if the memory fix somehow fixes the CPU problem as well.

Also, is the cluster hetergeneous? Do you have Intel machines or 32bit
Sun machines in there too? What compiler are you using -- on each
mahcine in the cluster?

If the memory fix doesn't work, or it doesn't fix the CPU count as a
side effect, I would be more than happy to log in and fix it. The CPU
count works right on my 8 processor Suns, but I don't have any machines
running mod_backhand with >4GB of memory...

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant