Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wackamole-users] wackamole ip wizardy and running apache_backhand...
Unless you are using explicit virtualhost and/or Listen directives,
Apache will always listen to IN_ADDR_ANY, meaning it will bind to the
port, not a VIP:port. So, start apache and when the VIP comes up,
Apache will start accept()ing traffic that arrives there.

If you use VirtualHosts, you may need to bind to all the IPs explicitly
in separate virtualhost directives. But, Apache doesn't bind() based on
virtualhosts, it does that based on Listen directives. So make your
Listen statement "port only" and then add all teh VirtualHosts you ever
planon having... As they come up, they will be available.

VirtualHost directives are processed post-accept(). Based on the
server-side IP address, it chooses which vhost to serve up.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
Principal Consultant