Mailing List Archive

getppid to override fist reading
Hi,

on the backhand_init function, there is a

if (getppid() == 1) {

which is annoted as
/* Apache calls this function twice! How annoying! We only want to do
the dirty work the second time. The first is for "configtest" */

i'm trying to use mod_backhand under solaris 8, and it only works if just after make an apachectl start, i do a apachectl restart.

after trying to find what would cause my trouble (Err "failed to establish umbilical to moderator!") , i've just disable this line and all seems to work
fine.

does anyone known, why this line is there ???, after looking on other module, there is "hack" like this anywhere.

--
Alexandre
==